Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Can't challenge a friend in Expanded format

TheCrusader4
TheCrusader4 Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
5 Agrees 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper

Unless I'm missing something, there's no way to select an Expanded deck to challenge a friend. This seems like an oversight.

Along similar lines, an Unlimited format option (just for friend battles) would be nice to enable old formats to be played including cards that have since been banned in Expanded. Extra bonus points if the first turn rules could be adjusted as well to enable playing Supporters on the first turn.

Comments

• GalactiChoir
    GalactiChoir Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

With the exception of the supporter card on the 1st turn request, I agree with this comment 200%. Not only that. But I'm very disappointed to see that this comment has not gotten a response or any attention. I've noticed a lot of changes about this new game after I've been forced out of TCGO. But this change was the last straw and it really set me off. I closed my phone so fast when I was trying to challenge a friend (who I MET in an expanded match) and had to use Standard format. That's ridiculous. It's not as infuriating as the amount of cards REMOVED from expanded format from TCGO to the now forced TCGL. But I suppose that's a discussion for another thread.

• Jamonez
    Jamonez Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

Its ridicolous that it isnt implementated yet... I feel like the designer of this game have no idea what people like about tcg

• Sparkfrost
    Sparkfrost Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

I was basically forced out of tcgo and I'm now unable to use my favorite deck (Calyrex Vstar) because the Shady dealings inteleon line got banned in standard. The most frustrating part is that expanded format is not available between friendly battles. I also lost a ton of memorable rares from the older sets. Such a downer

• SweatyMeatfalls
    SweatyMeatfalls Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Day 685 of waiting to use expanded decks with my friends.

• KiLotr
    KiLotr Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

This is a huge oversight. I'm trying to play with my kids with pre-made decks we purchased from stores and we cant :(