Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Zoroark Phantom Transformation and Stage 2s

ShiningLancer
ShiningLancer Member Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
Second Anniversary 100 Comments Combo Breaker Name Dropper

Currently, any stage 1 pokemon put into play by phantom transformation can be evolved into a stage 2 pokemon that same turn. This happens even on the turn that zoroark evolved from zorua.

This interaction is incorrect. The stage 1 that is put into play needs to be in play for at least 1 turn before it can evolve.

Comments

• madpullzSRS
    madpullzSRS Member Posts: 2
    First Anniversary

Came across this same issue. Opponent used Phantom Transformation to put a Dusclops onto the bench and then in the same turn evolved that into Dusknoir.

• Mod_Butterfly
    Mod_Butterfly Member Posts: 67 mod
    First Answer First Anniversary 10 Comments

Hi Trainers,

Thank you for reporting this issue. I'll send this to the development team for review. In the meantime, please let us know if you have any additional information about this issue.

• SoroSorrow
    SoroSorrow Member Posts: 49
    5 Likes First Comment 5 Agrees First Answer

It is normal that a Zoroark that transforms into a Stage 1 Pokémon can directly transform into a Stage 2 Pokémon, because it was not the first turn Zoroark was in play (the transformation doesn't count for a "new" Pokémon. This is the exact same thing for Ditto V.

However, if you say that you can do it the turn Zorua evolves into a Zoroark, I don't think it is expected

• ShiningLancer

@SoroSorrow

Phantom Transformation. Once during your turn, you may choose a Stage 1 Pokémon, except any Zoroark, from your discard pile. If you do, discard this Pokémon and all attached cards, and put the chosen Pokémon in its place.

V Transformation. Once during your turn, you may choose a Basic Pokémon V from your discard pile and switch it with this Pokémon. Any attached cards, damage counters, Special Conditions, turns in play, and any other effects remain on the new Pokémon.

The effect of the abilities are different.

• SoroSorrow
    SoroSorrow Member Posts: 49
    5 Likes First Comment 5 Agrees First Answer

I see, I see. That's interesting

• ShiningLancer

Zoroark's effect is different than the effects of what you typically see with Nanu, Ninja Boy, Ditto V, or BCR Ditto.

Phantom Transformation. Once during your turn, you may choose a Stage 1 Pokémon, except any Zoroark, from your discard pile. If you do, discard this Pokémon and all attached cards, and put the chosen Pokémon in its place.

V Transformation. Once during your turn, you may choose a Basic Pokémon V from your discard pile and switch it with this Pokémon. Any attached cards, damage counters, Special Conditions, turns in play, and any other effects remain on the new Pokémon.

Zoroark's effect discards all the old information about itself and puts a fresh pokemon in play while the others replace the pokemon and keep its current status.

• ShiningLancer

Bumping because this bug still exists in v1.1.1

• jhonattanjms
    jhonattanjms Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

But if I let zoroark for one turn, and after that I use phantom transformation to golbat and evolve to crobat, this isn't accept?