Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Pokémon TCG Online Was Much Better. Let's Discuss

Everything was simple and just worked with Online. The incentive to battle was better with clear rewards in sight for playing versus other players.

The battle pass is a cool idea, but I miss tearing the package open as if it were a physical object.

Viewing and managing cards seems more convoluted on Live.

It just isn't as nostalgic as Online.

Also, I have come across many more toxic players in the new Live game.

Comments

• Lambalazar
    Lambalazar Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    25 Likes 5 LOLs 10 Comments 25 Agrees

That’s just like, your opinion man

• CupOfJoe12987
    CupOfJoe12987 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

As someone who adopted PTCGO late I disagree wholeheartedly. As for toxicity, unless I'm just missing something I don't even see an option to chat with other players in-game. What am I missing here?

• Edurandomnumber
    Edurandomnumber Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 25 Likes 25 Agrees 5 Answers

I played ptcgo for 8 months in 2020-2021 and honestly, my experience with ptcgo was worse in every aspect compared to ptcgl.

Also, what do you mean by toxic players? if you mean the emotes, it's not really different than in ptcgo, the only difference is that in ptcgo you can mute the opponent.

If you mean people playing a lot of cards when they can just attack for game, sometimes is people just trying to finish their daily missions.

If you mean people going afk during a match to tilt you and make you concede, that's not them, that's a bug.

• nickny
    nickny Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

I also have to disagree with everything said here. As the author themselves said, it seems like they are just reacting off of nostalgia and not wanting things to change. Which I can understand, but....

IMO, basically everything about Live is much better than TCGO -- deck management, match making, battle pass, but especially the game play. I find it quicker and much nicer.

Also as mentioned, there is no option to chat, so how are players being toxic? Spamming emotes? I actually wish there was a safe + fun way to chat/communicate build relationships with people.

My only gripe with Live right now is sometimes the game just freezes mid-match, I can't move or do anything, and then I timeout and lose. Which is very frustrating when winning a match in ranked play.

• AshKetchum922
    AshKetchum922 Member Posts: 6
    5 Agrees First Comment Name Dropper

I have had several people just spamming the thumbs-down emote over and over as they are beating me. I never ran into that playing the Online version.

Yes, obviously these are my opinions. I am sure that the people coming in here just to say something that obvious are the same people being toxic in game.

• Edurandomnumber
    Edurandomnumber Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 25 Likes 25 Agrees 5 Answers

@AshKetchum922 you never ran into someone spamming the angry emote when you top deck? or spamming "you have a good deck" when you beat their rogue deck with a meta deck? A saw a lot more of those kind of people in ptcgo.

I understand you have your opinion based on your experience, same as i have my opinion based on my own, but saying that the people opposing your opinion are the ones being toxic is just not right.

• Lambalazar

I am sure that the people coming in here just to say something that obvious are the same people being toxic in game

So the people who don’t agree with you are automatically the people who are spamming emotes?

“If you’re not with me, you’re my enemy” -The guy no one liked from Star Wars Episode 3

• feliperroski
    feliperroski Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

I LOST ALL, EVERYTHING IS JUST GONE... TCG ONLINE IS MUCH BETTER.

• TinyZF
    TinyZF Member Posts: 3
    5 Agrees First Comment 5 Likes
    edited February 2023 #10

I really dislike that there is no playing against the computer other than "testing" decks, unless I'm missing something. Also, we only get 5 cards from the card codes in actual card packs now. You used to get a full digital pack in TCGO. :(

• Lambalazar

@TinyZF The only cards they took out of the boosters are common cards, those are almost never the cards people are looking for