Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Turn timer needs to pause during battle animations

The player's turn timer keeps on ticking down even when they're not in control, during animations such as placing a card on the field, activating Trainer cards, attaching Energy, switching Pokemon, evolving Pokemon, activating Pokemon abilities, and coins flipping after the player flips them.

The few seconds each animation consumes may not seem significant on their own, but together they can turn your certain victory into an unsalvageable defeat. I've lost a number of tough-but-winnable battles because I needed time to figure out the right course of action during complex board states, and when I finally did, I ran out of time right before I can finish executing the last step of the combo. It is quite infuriating to see my turn end prematurely without attacking because Gardevoir's long Psy-Shadow ability animation ate up the last few seconds of the turn.

Since the player cannot take any action during these fancy animations, the turn timer should be fair and stop ticking until control is handed back to the player.

Comments

• Rossko25
    Rossko25 Member Posts: 13
    10 Comments First Answer Name Dropper

yep, this is annoying, it's about as annoying as when your connection is low , the timer goes by much quicker than it should be

• StavacSK
    StavacSK Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Preach! Also, pokeball animation takes way too long, it's like 3 animations in 1 card

• PokemiiAC
    PokemiiAC Member Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 100 LOLs 100 Agrees 5 Answers

can’t wait until Halloween!

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers 500 Comments

Yes, the timer could stop indeed, but I never had issues with it, maybe it's because my device is top of the line and my connection speed it's also very good and stable.