Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Why do you think the replaced Ash in the pokemon anime

2»

Answers

• MajorBrendan
    MajorBrendan Member Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭✭
    100 Answers 100 Likes First Anniversary 1000 Comments

@HGemini93 I got something far better than enlisting help from Dialga.

• Lightpikachu123
    Lightpikachu123 Member Posts: 40
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 10 Comments Photogenic
    edited September 17 #14

@majorbrendan I mean….that's what Alola is basically? Though I find the never age argument silly, Pokemon is one of the few anime series that follows "Simpsons logic" where time has progressed/the series being around for decades, but the characters never really age.

• Lightpikachu123
    Lightpikachu123 Member Posts: 40
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 10 Comments Photogenic

His story is already complete, he has nothing else to do/prove. Not to mention fans been wanting a new protagonist for years, and now it is the good time to do so. People are used to animes where it has a constant timeline and progression, but with Pokémon, it's the never ending journey.

• MajorBrendan

@Lightpikachu123 Characters never really age. Which is why I intend to have Ash age by a few years in the event that Gen 9 let alone gen 10 and gen 11 protagonists don't do well.

• PokemiiAC
    PokemiiAC Member Posts: 806 ✭✭
    25 Likes 5 Answers 500 Comments 25 LOLs
  • MajorBrendan

@PokemiiAC I don't joke at times like this.

• Lonestar85
    Lonestar85 Member Posts: 6
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

You replace a character when you have nothing left to work with. Given that Ash is now World Champion, what's left to explore with his character? I mean yeah his Pokemon Master goal is very vague and subjective but for us fans and those who play the games, the objective is to become regional Champion. Ash not only did that in Generation 7 but then took it a step further and became World Champion in Generation 8. There is literally nothing left to do other than maybe scratch the itch of shippers everywhere and show who he ends up with. I mean everyone initially thought Liko was Ash's daughter but that ship has since been sunk. Only thing we can do now is enjoy the new cast of characters and hope they bring a breath of fresh air that the series can desperately use while simultaneously going back to the Anime's roots of visiting and exploring the very region the games are based on(Gen 8 did a major disservice by dissing Galar…).