Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

New forum section!

You may have already noticed but this discussion is (presumably) being posted to the new TCG Pocket section, presumably in preparation for the release in October.

Because I don't know what else to say, I'm going to put a poll here!

Are you looking forward to the release of TCG pocket?

New forum section! 10 votes

Yeah!
30%
Pokemaster9293Irn-Mewf4denz 3 votes
A little bit but not overly hyped for it.
50%
TheJeffersEremasclasinglacutelintwoPokemiiAC 5 votes
No.
10%
UnovanZorua 1 vote
Huh, there's a new TCG game releasing?
10%
FallenFurfrou 1 vote

Comments

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

Interesting that it gets its own forum, but I suppose it makes sense. They presumably don't want Pocket discussion flooding the TCG or Live forums (or the general).

I would need to see more of this app before I could have any real investment in it.

I understand that there will be some form of game to play in app, but it won't be the TCG. Will it be similar to Duel Links in Yugioh? A cut down version of the game? That could be potentially interesting.

If this is just a virtual card collection app I will have zero interest. Even less if the monetisation model is exceptionally extortionate.

• PokemiiAC
    PokemiiAC Member Posts: 595 ✭✭
    25 Likes 5 Answers 500 Comments 25 LOLs

it seems fun, but what is the point?

• PokemiiAC
    PokemiiAC Member Posts: 595 ✭✭
    25 Likes 5 Answers 500 Comments 25 LOLs

Is it just some kind of cash grab?

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers
    edited 8:54AM #5
    No.

I don't really care much about the TCG so I don't think I will play it, but I play Pokémon Masters EX very often, and it's made by the same company, and even though it's really good the game has gotten A LOT greedier recently. It wasn't sudden, they've been slowly decreasing how much F2P currency you can get every month and making more P2W only things, but their greed did increase very drastically in just a singular update.

I'm not going to play the new game since I'm not a TCG fan, but I don't think it's going to stay F2P friendly for very long even if it starts really F2P friendly with barely any need for real money purchases, seeing what has happened to Pokémon Masters EX recently.

Edit was for fixing some grammar.

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers
    No.

I just read the news from the news section

In-app purchases do not currently yield cards with unique attacks and Abilities that cannot be acquired through the normal course of play.

"currently" this is not looking good, they're saying that there could be P2W exclusive things in the future.

There was also mention of being able to pay to unlock more booster packs a day using P2W currency (it did not mention being able to get "Poké Coins" through missions or other things F2Ps have access to), and a "Premium pass."

Yeah, it's probably going to be pretty fun but there are a few hints that it'll end up becoming greedy, maybe eventually coming to the level of Masters EX's "Arc Suits."