Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Roaring moon

Perfect_Jab
Perfect_Jab Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
5 Likes Photogenic 5 LOLs 10 Comments

So gouging fire just cant be stopped. Unless you have a mystic special energy? If i use an attack that prevents the opponent from attacking me with a basic pokemon an roaring moon is a basic but can still attack with gouging fire?

Comments

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 Answers 100 LOLs 500 Comments 250 Agrees

Frenzied Gouging does no damage to opponent... atacks like that (Noivern ex, erc.) do not stop Roaring Moon's Frenzied Gouging.

But there are many ways to stop it besides Mist Energy... like Toedscruel ex, Altaria ex, etc.

Also you can use Frenzied Gouging against itself with the low hp after they use it, taking it out with single pize Pokemon and try to keep feed it single prizes or more devastating take the extra prize with Iron Hands ex.

• Nashedtators
    Nashedtators Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    5 Answers 25 Agrees 5 Likes 5 LOLs

Frenzied gouging can be blocked by mist energy or anything else that "blocks the effects of attacks"

The easiest counter otherwise I've found to roaring moon is to have a single prize pokemon take out the self damaged moon and hopefully after they take the odd prize you should be able to overcome the prize trade. Especially if your single prize has over 100 health or is mimikyu because he'll need a stadium for 100+ or will need to use the auto knock out that'll set them up easily for another knock out.

I'm not sure if that's the most professional strategy but that's what I usually try. I've knocked out plenty moon's with Chameleon lol

• Perfect_Jab

I know the pokemon that have the ability to stop his attack. An i know he can attack through mimikyu an cpl of the others without the mist energy. Just wondering about pokemon with attacks that prevent opponent from attacking with a basic pokemon or suppose to not let the defending pokemon attack. It is still an attack. Found out early on that you have to stop the effects of the attack. An got caught trying to use that prevent damage. I dont have an issue defeating this deck. Just asking if none of these attacks will stop it.

• Octowen
    Octowen Member Posts: 587 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Comments 250 Agrees 100 Likes 100 LOLs

If you use a move on Roaring Moon that makes it so that he can’t attack on your opponent’s next turn, then he can’t use Frenzied Gouging on your opponent’s next turn, unless, of course, he switches back to the opponent’s bench, or removes effects of attacks in some other way.

• Perfect_Jab

@Octowen thank you, thats what i wanted to know. I