Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Happy 15th anniversary to Pokémon Heart Gold/Soul Silver

Gaocarmina
Gaocarmina Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
First Anniversary 5 Agrees Name Dropper 10 Comments

I will forever like the Pokéathlon ngl.

Comments

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers
    edited September 13 #2

Same, I remember getting to the final room in the Pokéathlon for the first time. That felt awesome.

And battling Red and winning first try thanks to having the second Legendary you get in the post game (which is always Lv. 70 when you catch it) and having over 100 Hyper potions and over 100 revives felt like a big achievement. It definitely felt like I cheated but who cares, it was still a hard fight (Lv. 70 and a bunch of Lv. 30-50s is very underleveled for the Red fight) and I won against Red.

Also the pixel art was gorgeous.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

Heart Gold and Soul silver was so good. They put so much effort into not only including and modernising the original content, but expanding upon it as well. It is easily one of the best games in the Franchise from its best era.

I really hope Game Freak can return to this level of quality in their games going forward.

• MajorBrendan
    MajorBrendan Member Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭✭
    100 Answers 100 Likes First Anniversary 1000 Comments

I love that game so much that I wouldn't mind seeing heart gold and soul silver getting a remake along with pokemon crystal.

• Flametix
    Flametix Member Posts: 545 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Agrees 100 LOLs 100 Likes

i still think gen 2 is better and this game did some parts worse for some reason like the goldenrod city theme but this was the peak of gen 4

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Comments 250 Agrees 25 Answers 100 Likes

Welp, I'm old