Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Story idea that I don't know if I will write about

UnovanZorua
UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭✭✭
First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

I finally had an idea for a story a while ago.

It's about a girl whose home region has been destroyed by powerful Ultra Beasts that have never been seen before and her quest to save her home. However, the people in charge of the region have evacuated all the people to different regions and only allow powerful trainers like Champions to enter so they can defeat the Ultra Beasts, so she needs to do this secretly. She's nowhere even close to being as powerful as the champions who still struggle to even slow the Ultra Beast down and might not continue breathing after meeting ut, but kids aren't very smart when it comes to recognising dangerous or impossible things.

I'm planning to add regional variants and fakemons and Ultra variants of Fakemons/Pokémon (placeholder name(? or maybe not) for Pokémon that have changed due to the power emanating from the Ultra Beasts and Ultra Wormholes), new Ultra Beasts, and design what the region looks like and its name.

I have been trying to make the actual story but it's been a little hard, especially trying to make other characters so the story isn't boring. I'm almost done with the protagonist's personality and design though (I'm going to choose a name later).

I have a few major moments for the story in my mind already but I can't think of what will happen in the story other than that since I need to make more characters first and determine how they are involved in the story and other related things so I can actually write the story properly and give myself enough time to make it as good as possible.

I don't know if I'll ever finish the story but I'll try my best to make something good.

(Also I'm not asking for advice or help, I just wanted to say I have an idea for a story and to remember that I posted this whenever I feel unmotivated)

Comments

• Jadite
    Jadite Member Posts: 277 ✭✭
    25 LOLs 100 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic

You should (not giving advice or help) But it sounds really good! Would definitely read!!

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 50 Answers 250 Likes 100 LOLs

it sounds fun I know you must be a good writer for all the advice you gave me when i was writing my story

• Eremas
    Eremas Member Posts: 803 ✭✭✭
    100 LOLs 100 Likes 100 Agrees 500 Comments

I would suggest writing about something that calls to you and drain the subject for all it's worth(whatever it may be). And then be sure to sprinkle in half truths. Your idea is simply an idea. Anyone can have an idea. That idea. Be sure to live a little.

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 1000 Comments 250 Agrees

I love writing stories, so I could be a co-author/editor if you want one. It sounds like a good idea.

• MajorBrendan
    MajorBrendan Member Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭✭
    100 Answers 100 Likes First Anniversary 1000 Comments

The story sounds excessively complicated.

• UnovanZorua
    edited September 5 #7

A lot of the complicated stuff so far (Ultra Variants for example) is because I like worldbuilding and complex stories and characters. Or maybe it looks complicated or messy because I'm not a very experienced writer and this is just the second or third version of the concept. A lot of this might get changed or removed by the time I write the first chapter, but I'm going to try my best to make it actually good because I really like this idea.

• NoahLaprasForum
    NoahLaprasForum Member Posts: 920 ✭✭✭
    100 Likes 100 Agrees 100 LOLs 500 Comments
    edited September 6 #8

Good begin! I have a lot ideas of characters so i can help even as @OlderAngel11! I don’t think Ultra Variants are needed, but maybe there are new Ultra Beasts explored.

‘but kids aren't very smart when it comes to recognising dangerous or impossible things.’

[Edited by Mod_Bee - the post has been edited to remove personal information)].

• UnovanZorua

@OlderAngel11 @NoahLaprasForum

Sure and thank you, but how would that work? /genuine

Also, since the Ultra variants have been deemed as too complicated, they only affect Pokémon and not Fakemon. They're still staying in the story because I think they're interesting. They're probably going to be like totem or noble Pokémon but more aggressive, I thought about making them like regional variants but I think making them not affect every Pokémon (maybe being temporary but I don't like that idea) and instead being a few Ultra-powerful Pokémon who got too close to the UB and went crazy because of the power emanating from it is better.

The UB(s?) have still not been designed and not even I know what their types, moves, story, etc. are. I tried to come up with an idea a few times but my brain is slow, doesn't like difficult things, and is easily distracted.

Also forgot to mention that only adults can go there because yeah in some games you can fight Arceus or climb mountains on your own while being 10/11, but who would let an eleven year old and their pet fight an unknown extremely powerful creature that has destroyed a region.

ALSO SINCE WRITING THIS POST MY BRAIN HAS BEEN MOTIVATED AND STOPPED TRYING TO GET DISTRACTED OR FOCUS ON THE EASIER PARTS. I HAVE FINALLY MADE ANOTHER IMPORTANT CHARACTER. They're still just an idea and I haven't though of a design and haven't finished making their personality, but FINALLY SOME PROGRESS.

Making this post felt a little embarrassing as I haven't finished this and this is only the second or third version of the concept and probably pretty different from what the final version would be (and the stuff I made for the Pokémon Forums Edition story was the first and so far only time I wrote something and let people see it), but it actually helped me with coming up with ideas!

• Flametix
    Flametix Member Posts: 545 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Agrees 100 LOLs 100 Likes
    edited September 5 #10

good concept, personally i just wrote the azumarill saga myself after being inspired by the last thread you asked for ideas in which took a while to outline, it is just waiting to be approved

• PokemiiAC
    PokemiiAC Member Posts: 578 ✭✭
    25 Likes 500 Comments 25 LOLs 25 Agrees