Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Can someone tell me why these numbers are like this?

I have this card and the numbers seem to be hand written over the top of the number. The first numbers “148”/147 has a number hand written over it. The card is a Golisopod GX

Answers

• cpm1
    cpm1 Member Posts: 349 ✭✭✭
    25 Answers Second Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Agrees

that is the hp

• Pokémon342548
    Pokémon342548 Member Posts: 70 ✭✭
    First Answer 5 Likes 5 Agrees 10 Comments

Are you talking about this card?

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 Answers 100 LOLs 500 Comments 250 Agrees
    edited September 1 #4

@Shawhoa It's because the card you're looking at it's a Secret Rare.

Secret Rare cards are the rarest Pokémon cards in a set. They have an individual collection number that is higher than the actual set number (for example, the Snorlax from Chilling Reigns has a set number of 224/198) which is why they are called "secret" rare cards.

For every secret rare Pokémon card in a set, there is usually a card of a lower rarity that is identical in name and gameplay mechanics. However, those cards may not be identical in appearance. Secret rare cards are the hardest cards to pull in any set.

There are several types of cards that fall under the secret rare Pokémon card rarity. These include:

• rainbow rare cards
    • gold rare cards
    • illustration rare cards (also known as alt art cards)
    • special illustration rare cards

• Shawhoa
    Shawhoa Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment

ty for the replies. That is the card I am referring to. I understand the first numbers being bigger make it a secret rare but the first number on my card is not the normal printing. 148/147. The 148 looks like it is hand written over the original number. The font is thick and red. I would upload a picture but I don’t know how.

• Shawhoa
    Shawhoa Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment

I think I figured it out. It might just be that the numbers 148 got printed more then once causing it to be blotted