Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Pokemon Company's drastic changes to the game releases

MajorBrendan
MajorBrendan Member Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭✭
100 Answers 100 Likes First Anniversary 1000 Comments

With no further announcement on the Pokemon Legends Z-A's new trailer throughout this year, I'm speculating that they'll be announcing the game for holiday 2025, As for the Gen 10 game, I don't know whether it will be there by the 30th anniversary for Pokemon. However, One can only hope, As for the rest of the pokemon games, Most likely will be given extra time to perfect on not just graphics but also story and such to make a more enjoyable game series for the future.

Comments

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 50 Answers 250 Likes 100 LOLs

legends z-a probably will be the backup launch title

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

I really hope Z-A is releasing in late 2025 so they can actually make the game good. Last time they made Kalos they rushed it and didn't improve anything in a third version or sequel or anything at all. Kalos, my favourite region, is finally getting a chance to maybe have an amazing, fully finished game and I hope GameFreak and TPC don't mess it up by releasing the game early or rushing everything.

• Eremas
    Eremas Member Posts: 813 ✭✭✭
    100 LOLs 100 Likes 100 Agrees 500 Comments

I think companies crank out sequels too quickly and seeing how successful the series has been that maybe they've learned something about spending the time they need to not release bad graphics/story.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

I really hope Z-A's later release window really does reflect more time being given the the development team and a change in policy.

Because I am somewhat nervous that they are going to announce that they have had the devs chained to their desks cranking out three games for 2025 or something absurd.

We either need a more staggered release schedule, more staff to develop the games internally or more studios working on the games.

Yearly releases would be perfectly reasonable if you had Gamefreak produce a main series title one year, another studio put out a remake the next year and then a third studio put out a spin-off title or something the third year. That is much more sustainable while ensuring the kids always have a new Pokémon game to put under the Christmas tree.

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 50 Answers 250 Likes 100 LOLs

spinoff-titles have never been made by gamefreak (except pokemon quest)

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

We could reignite the Let's Go and Legends Arceus arguments, if you like...

But I never said that they were. I said spin-offs could be used to fill the release schedule, freeing up Gamefreak by not having to put out a main series game that year.

• Eremas
    Eremas Member Posts: 813 ✭✭✭
    100 LOLs 100 Likes 100 Agrees 500 Comments

Is the problem that GameFreak programmers are behind? Clean coding is important and I know programming is something that gets better with time but I remember gen 1 was kind of messy(something I heard).

• PokemiiAC
    PokemiiAC Member Posts: 620 ✭✭
    25 Likes 5 Answers 500 Comments 25 LOLs

@Eremas yeah (missingno)

• PokemiiAC
    PokemiiAC Member Posts: 620 ✭✭
    25 Likes 5 Answers 500 Comments 25 LOLs

let’s go was not good

• MajorBrendan
    MajorBrendan Member Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭✭
    100 Answers 100 Likes First Anniversary 1000 Comments

@PokemiiAC Understandable.