Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Implement a Report system for players

I wouldn’t say it happens often but there are enough games that happen where players intentionally stall for as long as possible when they know they can’t win to try and force you to concede from frustration. I think it would be beneficial for them to add an in game report system to allow for these issues to be reviewed. I’m not usually one for bans unless cheating is involved but this would warrant at least a temporary ban if not permanent based on how many reports have been submitted against someone

Comments

• Bolt_Boy25
    Bolt_Boy25 Member Posts: 137 ✭✭✭
    25 Likes 25 Agrees 100 Comments 25 LOLs

Yesss!!!!

• Poppa_Cap
    Poppa_Cap Member Posts: 1
    First Anniversary First Comment

I would like to report players for plenty of reasons. I think poor sportsmanship should be reportable. I’ve won and I’ve lost and I try to do it with class. I hate when someone who could obviously win at the start of their turn decides to play ever single possible card/move they can to make the game take longer. It’s a trash way to play. I know there is a concede button, but there are always challenges to play without conceding.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

There should definitely be an in-game report system.

Hopefully it would not be automated and ban you after a certain number of reports. Such systems are often subject to abuse and people will report you for such reprehensible crimes as winning the game.

Sadly, due to the staff requirements of a human moderation system, I fear the best you can hope for is an automated or AI managed system.

I think communication features like in-game chat have been removed from a lot of game clients, particularly TCG clients, to similarly reduce the need for moderation staff. Hence why pre-set messages or emotes are more common. Although the Pokémon TCG in particular probably felt the need to remove in-game chat to protect children, being a more child focused franchise.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

A report system is useless without a clear set of rules and a moderation team which actually acts on them. And an automated one would be horrible because so many newer players assume glitches and disconnects are hacking.

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 Answers 100 LOLs 500 Comments 250 Agrees

The previous client TCG Online had a report option, but not sure if it lead to any punishment, for the abusers I used it never got any feedback... so I'm very sceptical about that feature.

I would definitely rather have the mute avatar option.

• Ampersundae
    Ampersundae Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
    First Anniversary 25 Agrees Name Dropper Photogenic

Or even a report system on this forum alone because the flag system doesn't work. We have kids out here using dollar signs to think that they can just get away with using curses and implying what the dollar signs are supposed to represent?

Really guys?

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

There is a report option on the forum, but it really doesn't seem to do much. Do the mods even check them? The "Spam" and "Abuse" reacts seem to be functional downvotes.

• Ampersundae
    Ampersundae Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
    First Anniversary 25 Agrees Name Dropper Photogenic

They removed that post so they once again have achieved minimal effectiveness. Re-making the system is financially impossible for… Pokemon. I hope that franchise is still making money….

Just kidding, where does it all go? Nothing to basic effectiveness? That's what the whole entire world is built around is that there is a Pokemon center, a Nurse Joy, etc. Someone to look out for you.

Instead we are still left for this. They are trying their best but it's nothing like the world of Pokemon alluded to, where there are trainers, leaders, guides, professors, all of their designations.

The volunteers burn out because those at the top can't even control it, and eventually move on to other hobbies because it's like… if only this company was profitable enough to just do the basics and make it a safe space for everyone.

I'm happy to report they did the basics, but it's not enough for me anymore.

• BlazeRayna
    BlazeRayna Member Posts: 51 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 25 Agrees Combo Breaker 10 Comments
    edited August 28 #10

• Pokémon342548
    Pokémon342548 Member Posts: 70 ✭✭
    First Answer 5 Likes 5 Agrees 10 Comments

@BlazeRayna Did you accidentally comment? Your comment is blank!