Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

So uh…Iron Thorns won.

Octowen
Octowen Member Posts: 587 ✭✭✭✭
500 Comments 250 Agrees 100 Likes 100 LOLs

Iron Thorns won worlds. Opinions? I personally feel like it’s kind of a bot deck, but please correct me if that’s wrong.

Comments

• cpm1
    cpm1 Member Posts: 349 ✭✭✭
    25 Answers Second Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Agrees

I thought it was good

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Comments 250 Agrees 25 Answers 100 Likes

Honestly, Iron Thorns is good, but it only won because Ian was issued a Top 8 match loss decpite clearly wining 2-0. I say Ian should have been given the Top 4 match loss instead.

• Octowen

I agree that it’s a good deck, but does it take much skill to play? How did Ian get a match loss?

• Ravenclawed1234

I would also like to add that Regidrago can beat it fairly easily, especially with Haxorus, it just takes a bit to get rolling.

• SmartySeth
    SmartySeth Member Posts: 15
    10 Comments Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary

Iron Thorns can beat a lot of decks with it’s ability, and it is fairly easy to use.

• Ravenclawed1234

offensive hand gesture after game 2, it was edited out of the VOD though.

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 Answers 100 LOLs 500 Comments 250 Agrees

Like Raven said, it shouldn't even be in top 4, he lost 0-2 in top 8 cut, but later the judge decided to give the L to Ian just because a hand gesture that can be open to interpertation... and even if it was what they think it was I think it's unfair to just let the loser player go forward like that... they could have found another way to punish him... he won both games come on... I have seen worst things go unpunished like cheating and also other player making the midle finger gesture...

Regarding the deck it's not a great deck, many players just didn't respect it enough, now that everyone saw a brainless deck like that can win because they didn't prepered enough people are already tech up for it... the deck results went downhill after that finals result.

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 1000 Comments 250 Agrees

I kind of agree that he shouldn't have been kept out of top eight. I do think he should've been penalized in some way, because he should not have done anything like that at all, much less on stream, but it was called a bit too late. I think maybe a warning, and then if he did it again a game loss, but that's a pretty harsh penalization for top eight of worlds. Anyway, that's the only reason Iron Thorns won, and now the world champion has a sort of asterisk to his victory, so he's not really even a world champion. Anyway, I think that DoubleCure is right in saying that Iron Thorns will be well-prepped against going forward and shouldn't win any more major tournaments, as long as people respect it enough.

• Ravenclawed1234
  • Octowen

Thank you for the info everyone! That’s really a huge bummer that worlds ended up finishing like that. But still, congrats to Fernando Cifuentes!