Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Y'all need to stop with this Lugia/Blissey nonsense

Comments

• EeveesPaw
    EeveesPaw Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Omg I am so glad someone is saying this. Literally 9/10 people I play have the Lugia Vstar deck and it’s sooooooo boring to play against them. Literally the same cards in the same order and the same strategy over and over.

• TheRealSpecder
    TheRealSpecder Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #13

as a new player we dont really have many options for cards. i tried the lugia blissey thing and it seemed ok at first but as i climbed the ranks a bit it fell off hard. i feel like us new players see the lugia deck played against us and then we go look at it in the editor and watch a video on how it works and see that people dont run the fossil or archen in the full built deck so we drop them and then we see that we cant afford the other cards they run because we are new and just go into the card lib looking for what we can use to better fill the 6 (or however many but i think was 6) slots. at least this was my mind set.. and with what i had readily available in the library blissey seemed like the best option at the time because, if your powerhouse of a lugia does die, at least u have a big body basic pokemon that u can spam energy onto and deal massive dmg after a few turns. first turn u have blissey out she does 130 dmg (more if u have a powerful energy or choice belt on it) and after u swing with her u get up to 3 more energy bringing her to 210 dmg (240 with powerful energy or choice belt) and if u still have both archeops on the bench u can attach 4 more the next turn giving her an additional 120dmg for a total of 330-360 making her virtually able to ko anyone she fights. this was all good untill i started to battle people that knew how to use the lost zone and abilities that shut my abilities down, at this point it became to slow and i had to go back to the drawing board.

• TheRealSpecder
    TheRealSpecder Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

as a new player we dont really have many options for cards. i tried the lugia blissey thing and it seemed ok at first but as i climbed the ranks a bit it fell off hard. i feel like us new players see the lugia deck played against us and then we go look at it in the editor and watch a video on how it works and see that people dont run the fossil or archen in the full built deck so we drop them and then we see that we cant afford the other cards they run because we are new and just go into the card lib looking for what we can use to better fill the 6 (or however many but i think was 6) slots. at least this was my mind set.. and with what i had readily available in the library blissey seemed like the best option at the time because, if your powerhouse of a lugia does die, at least u have a big body basic pokemon that u can spam energy onto and deal massive dmg after a few turns. first turn u have blissey out she does 130 dmg (more if u have a powerful energy or choice belt on it) and after u swing with her u get up to 3 more energy bringing her to 210 dmg (240 with powerful energy or choice belt) and if u still have both archeops on the bench u can attach 4 more the next turn giving her an additional 120dmg for a total of 330-360 making her virtually able to ko anyone she fights. this was all good untill i started to battle people that knew how to use the lost zone and abilities that shut my abilities down, at this point it became to slow and i had to go back to the drawing board.

i think all in all it comes down to we have to play with what we are given even if it is extremely sub-optimal. if the game made it easier to get new decks or playsets of cards this prob would be as much of a problem but with so many players being new and have little to no access to crystals to be able to afford packs/decks we are just kinda sol

its been almost a week since i started and ive only been able to add a handful of cards to the lugia deck they start u with and most of that was just from doing battle pass stuff till rank 8. most of the cards i need to finish a competitive build of the deck are far to expensive credit wise for me (i have 300 credits left after buying a few cards and the cheapest of the cards i need is 500) to buy still and im missing 17 cards at least from what i want my final deck to be.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

@TheRealSpecder You're given enough credits to make a real version of the Lugia deck.

• Resilient30
    Resilient30 Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
    25 LOLs First Answer 25 Likes 100 Comments

This game is about having and building unique and creative decks that match your playstyle..........

But not with BlissyXLugiaXArcheops, same thing almost every round, no creativity, just OP cards doin' the same ol' thing.

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 693 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Comments 250 Agrees 25 Answers 100 Likes

Lugia VSTAR and Blissy V are actually very good, pairing them up will allow you to use discarded special energy that you otherwise wouldn’t be able to use, additionally, amazing Yelveltal is good in that deck.

• Resilient30
    Resilient30 Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
    25 LOLs First Answer 25 Likes 100 Comments

Yes, they are very good, but OP. Discarding energy and Archeops with Ultra/Quick Ball, then re-getting energy with Blissfull Blast, and Archeops with Lugia V-Star, then primal turbo, and BAM, your invincable in 3 turns.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

@Ravenclawed1234 @Resilient30 No, definitely not. Early game it's just a clunkier Lugia deck with fewer options. Late game it's a clunkier Blissey deck with fewer options. There's maybe an argument for a one-of Blissey V in Lugia to help deal with control, but having it as a second main attacker falls into the same category as using Hop as your main draw support: it's good on paper, but no serious player would waste time on it. Live is literally the only place you'll see anyone play this. You won't see it at tournaments, leagues, or even PTCGO.

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 693 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Comments 250 Agrees 25 Answers 100 Likes

However, with Archeops you can accelerate energy onto it to deal more damage, additionally, you can attack with amazing Yelveltal first then come in with Blissy to deal damage to the next Pokémon and get the energy back into play to deal even more damage the next turn, the only popular decks that can one shot Blissy are other Blissy/Lugia decks and eternatus vmax

• 4y4m3
    4y4m3 Member Posts: 8
    Photogenic First Comment First Answer

@Fr33Guy I LOVE that idea: no premade for ranked games.

One of the reasons for me jumping back into PTCG is deck construction. the app does allow me to be creative with decks and I usually do not use the pre-made ones. I know for new users, it’s great, but they need to learn to modify, or create their own.