Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What's your favorite pokemon character?

ChrisRPGZ
ChrisRPGZ Member Posts: 3
First Comment Photogenic

My favorite pokemon character is N. I love his personality, backstory and design. He also has a really cool battle theme, befriends one of the legendary dragons, beats the champion and even summons his own castle. His final boss fight is one of my favorite climatic fights in the series. So, what's yours?

Comments

• NoahLaprasForum
    NoahLaprasForum Member Posts: 920 ✭✭✭
    100 Likes 100 Agrees 100 LOLs 500 Comments

The coolest rival of all time. Gladion.

The friendliest girl in whole Alola. Lillie.

The smartest mom who can be mixed with an UB. Lusamine.

i really like the Story of Sun And Moon, and this Aether Foundation Family are my absolute favorite characters of all time. They’re very important in the Alola story, and they’re very mysterious. I really like them.

• Eremas
    Eremas Member Posts: 806 ✭✭✭
    100 LOLs 100 Likes 100 Agrees 500 Comments

Professor Oak

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 50 Answers 250 Likes 100 LOLs

Emma

• Eremas
    Eremas Member Posts: 806 ✭✭✭
    100 LOLs 100 Likes 100 Agrees 500 Comments

Sam

• HGemini93
    HGemini93 Member Posts: 92 ✭✭
    First Answer Name Dropper 5 Likes 5 LOLs

I really love Cynthia, she’s so cool! Definitely my favourite champion and human character in the Pokémon series of all time.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

Generally I would say one thing Pokémon has been able to do consistently is produce appealing character designs. At least before Scarlet and Violet. I don't know if they used a randomiser on the character creator or something, but it generated some ugly and bizarre NPCs. I would prefer trainer classes share the same high quality design over everyone looking like a gag character drunkenly created for someone's fifth playthrough of an RPG.

Anyway...

I always liked Green (the rival character) from gen 1. I know he is deliberately designed to have a somewhat obnoxious personality conveyed in rather limited dialogue due to the limits of the Game Boy, but what little he does say, along with his character design and music, is very expressive and entertaining. He makes an entrance, brags, and you are always satisfied when you beat him.

I also like a lot of the Sun and Moon characters in general. (Except for Hau. Too dopey for my tastes. At least he did better as a rival in USUM.) It is a shame that game presents its story in such an awkwardly halting fashion with all the cutscenes, or it could have been one of my favourite games in the series.

As for N... he's fine. I like Team Plasma as a concept and he does a good job of representing the part of plasma that is sincere in their convictions to protect and liberate Pokémon. I don't dislike him. I am just not as enamoured with him as many others seem to be.

• Flametix
    Flametix Member Posts: 545 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Agrees 100 LOLs 100 Likes

madam azumarill from magical journey

• MagicarpFisher9
    MagicarpFisher9 Member Posts: 218 ✭✭✭
    25 Agrees 25 Likes 25 LOLs 100 Comments

Detective Pikachu from Detective Pikachu Returns.

• JuliusVercelli
    JuliusVercelli Member Posts: 113 ✭✭✭
    25 Agrees Photogenic First Answer Name Dropper

I guess your partner from the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team games.

• Tacolaser
    Tacolaser Member Posts: 536 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 5 Answers 25 Agrees 25 Likes

Volo