Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Opinions on Ultra Beasts

Michael629303
Michael629303 Member Posts: 977 ✭✭✭✭
250 Agrees First Anniversary 25 LOLs 100 Likes

I was wondering what people thought about these pokemon.

Personally I really liked them and really hope they bring them back. My favorites are Kartanaa and Stakatake.

Comments

• NoahLaprasForum
    NoahLaprasForum Member Posts: 922 ✭✭✭
    100 Likes 100 Agrees 100 LOLs 500 Comments

uhm i don’t really care for UB’s. Alola is my favorite region because of many pokemon, but ultra beasts aren’t very important.

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 50 Answers 250 Likes 100 LOLs

there pretty cool my personal favorite is celesteela

• HGemini93
    HGemini93 Member Posts: 92 ✭✭
    First Answer Name Dropper 5 Likes 5 LOLs

I think they are actually really cool and have some pretty neat designs. I think that both Guzlord and Buzzwole are among my favourite UBs.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

I think they are in a pretty strange spot in terms of lore and representation in game.

Initially they are presented as aliens or extra-dimensional beings. They are supposed to be an invasive species; something distinct from Pokémon.

In practice I don't see how they are all that different to legendary Pokémon, particularly legendaries like Deoxys.

And they are not even true legendaries, since many species show up in multiples and it is even possible to catch multiples, albeit in single digit numbers.

I like a lot of the Ultra Beasts designs and concepts. Buzzwole is certainly one of my favourite Pokémon of all time. But I think they were a bit of a missed opportunity in game, like so many things in Sun and Moon, and once you have caught them, a lot of the mystery and intrigue is gone. They are essentially regular Pokémon with extremely warped base statlines.

Like many things in stories, be it in games, movies, novels, etc. sometimes it is better to leave the mystery unanswered. Perhaps the Ultra Beasts would have been more compelling if we had never been able to catch them at all.

• Tacolaser
    Tacolaser Member Posts: 536 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 5 Answers 25 Agrees 25 Likes

As someone who has never played sun and moon, I can say that Guzzlord is the best.

• Michael629303
    Michael629303 Member Posts: 977 ✭✭✭✭
    250 Agrees First Anniversary 25 LOLs 100 Likes

I was also think that it would be awesome if they made an off shoot game where it takes place in the world in the wormhole. Its not likely but it would still be cool.