Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Just what everyone needed

It was already exhausting having to constantly go up against charizard decks ALL THE TIME! Now they gave everyone a free deck with best recipe for using it. Something that was already taking the fun out of playing online an decided to make it worse. Match after match playing the same deck. YES there are decks that can counter it, an i use them. But i like to build new combinations an use different decks to see how good they are. But im just tired of this same battle, same combination, same plays!! 2nd turn out come the rare candies. It is a powerful deck, i get it. Just my opinion on this, but there just needs to be something else. Even casual matches everyone is running this deck.

Comments

• Zerofo3384
    Zerofo3384 Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 Likes First Anniversary 10 Comments

I am with you man, I like diversity and while I have the deck also, I like to see what the other decks have to offer, one of my favorite decks is the hisuian zoroark deck. Letting the damage counters on my pokemon build up so that tricky curse starts to one shot

But the 2024 EUIC charizard deck is unfortunately well built and popular, expect to battle it a bunch of times

• Nashedtators
    Nashedtators Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    5 Answers 25 Agrees 5 Likes 5 LOLs

Oh goodness forbid people want to have fun that don't spend all of their time on playing pokemon tcg and maybe they're still wanting to learn and a deck given to them like this gives them a real chance to enjoy the game without needing to know all the cards in order to have a chance to learn without being beaten into the ground every time.

I don't know why people complain about this sorta thing all the time because I just wanna play pokemon cards, so long as the other person isn't cheating then let's play!

• Toraoh
    Toraoh Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

I haven't seen that many charizard decks. I thought it has been a nice mix of different decks.

And as for Nashedtators, sounds like what a basic charizard fan would say. :P
    I don't have a lot of time or money, but i use a deck i built myself (though im finding out my deck's play style is a bit common itself… lol) and have fun. The issue is people that think only winning is fun or are just uncreative… which that part, i don't hold against them, everyone's creativity has its limits. But it is also under standard, and that is a VERY limited selection, so yeah, the same decks would happen.

• Perfect_Jab
    Perfect_Jab Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
    5 Likes Photogenic 5 LOLs 10 Comments

@Nashedtators sounds sad an boring, maybe play uno. Someone doesnt have to spend all the time playing to be good. Happy just to get your participation trophy. Sorry if your offended. Sad to feel like 90% of my matches are against players just like you.

I have little free time an like to play a few matches when i can. If i want to play a solid deck i built that i tested an i know wins matches i will fight in ladder rank. But i like to play around with other builds an test them out, so i will play casual matches. Its just facing charizard constantly in casual gets old.

• Azrichiel
    Azrichiel Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Name Dropper

Heaven forbid people want to play against some actual variety in a TCG. The prevalence of Charizard EX shuts out nearly any steel or grass decks someone might want to play unless you're the kind of masochist who enjoys constantly requeuing due to such a large portion of your opponents running not only hard counters to your deck but extremely potent ones at that. You're right, I can't imagine why anyone would want a better chance at each game to give them a fresh experience and show them something different.

• Perfect_Jab

Played about 9 matches in last 3 days. Only 1 out of those 9 was a regidrago deck. The rest all charizard. Its just annoying. Many more i just quit out of right away soon as i see its another charizard. Wish players would get more creative.

• Zerofo3384
    Zerofo3384 Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 Likes First Anniversary 10 Comments

dude, there's like 8 different decks to play, yet when everyone and their grandma wants to use the 2024 EUIC charizard deck, there's just no incentive to try to have fun because the first couple turns go like this

play pidgey…play charmander….play some trainer cards….draw charizard….play rare candy….evolve charmander…start swinging due to infernal reign giving free energy…win

it's so braindead easy

had a game where the player was running the arcanine ex deck….i was running the greninja ex deck. I had the advantage, right?

Opponent plays charmander….next turn, plays a rare candy….and puts the charizard in….wins the game because Charizard terra dark IS NOT weak to water

fun…..totally fun….

• mthverse
    mthverse Member Posts: 17
    5 LOLs 10 Comments First Answer First Anniversary

How about you start crying over that $$$$$$ that Gardivoir and Drifbollom combo. Slow playing $$$$$$

• Perfect_Jab

@Zerofo3384 exactly how it goes, and you cant even attack an knockout any weaker cards in play because that next turn when the rare candy comes out they just deal more damage. An there is decks that i put together to stop charizard, but i hate being forced to play it constantly.

@mthverse why would i cry over that deck. Its very good strategy deck, but atleast i feel like i can battle that deck an its not 2nd turn ko.

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 1000 Comments 250 Agrees

Don't know where any of this came from. Charizard doesn't shut out steel OR grass decks. Steel isn't weak to Zard, since Zard is dark type. And since Zard is dark type, it's actually weak to grass, not super effective against. So grass actually keeps Zard itself in check. Do a bit more fact research before you go posting random things like this, pal.