Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

The possibility of a new Pokémon type

YagoFuecoco
YagoFuecoco Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
First Anniversary 5 Answers 5 LOLs 100 Comments

ANDI thought about the possibility of there being a new Pokémon type, and the type I most imagine would be a cosmic type, it would be really incredible for the cosmic type to be the 19th Pokémon type, Since Stellar is more in Terastal, and the Cosmic Type would work very well in Pokémon, I can even imagine some Pokémon with this type, which are: Clafairy and Clefabble, Natu and Xatu, Jirachi, Munna and Musharna (Two very special Pokémon for me), Gothita, Gothorita and Gothitelle, Elgyem and Beheyeem, Sigyliph, Minior, Cosmog and Terapagos.

II imagined these Pokémon with the Cosmic type, and you, what do you think, what could be a new Pokémon type, and which Pokémon would work, and is a new Pokémon type even possible?

Comments

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

I don't think adding a new type would be a good idea.

Anyways, maybe a type that's strong against strong and tanky types like Water or Fairy but weak only to types that are considered weak or aren't used often like Ice, Bug, and Grass could be decent. It sounds kind of overpowered until you remember Pokémon can learn moves of different types and can have coverage, and also dual types exist which usually give a Pokémon new weaknesses it wouldn't have had if it only had one type, AND if a Pokémon has a really good typing, they can just adjust the stats, moveset, and abilities so it's not too overpowered. So this would buff weak types, slightly nerf strong types, make fans excited, and hopefully not have too many consequences. But it might also be a little annoying for official things and fan content to adjust, plus there's probably more things and restrictions and rules about types behind the scenes that would make it difficult.

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 50 Answers 250 Likes 100 LOLs

the only reason they add types was to nerf overpowered type they added dark type to nerf psychic type they added fairy type to nerf hydreigon at this point I don’t think there is many pokemon that should be nerf because of typing

• Night0_0
    Night0_0 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

1%-5%

• diamond5647
    diamond5647 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

I wish for a cosmic type since it doesn't make where moves that have some relation to space being psychic or steel and maybe a new eevee evolution to represent this type.

• puplover1118
    puplover1118 Member Posts: 521 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Agrees First Anniversary 25 Likes

@diamond5647 Honestly, I believe that the Psychic type has become the de facto type for most things cosmic (and even light related) in Pokemon.

• YagoFuecoco

Thinking about it, I even imagine that cosmic Pokémon combine with Psychic or Steel types, I thought of the idea of Cosmic types more because I like Space things, It would be really cool to have a game that takes place in another universe with the Ultra Beast Pokémon as starting Pokémon, like Poipole, which I also like.

• Eremas
    Eremas Member Posts: 806 ✭✭✭
    100 LOLs 100 Likes 100 Agrees 500 Comments

I don't think it's fair speculating on what type it is going to be but I don't think it's out the question for there to be new types.

• YagoFuecoco

but I still like the idea of a Cosmic Pokémon type, I think the idea is really cool, even though the types: Psychic, steel and stone combine with Cosmic Pokémon, I think the idea is really cool, especially to further develop this space aspect in the Pokémon world , but we'll still see, and really, I think that Cosmic Pokémon go better with the types: Psychic, Steel and stone, so much so that a special Pokémon for me that I would like to see get the Cosmic type, Munna, is a cosmic Pokémon, and it was That's why I came up with the idea for the Cosmico type, but who knows, maybe the Pokémon Company will have this idea.