Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Favorite and Least Favorite of Ash’s Traveling Companion

D-ManBlue
D-ManBlue Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
100 Agrees 5 LOLs 5 Answers 100 Comments

Who was your favorite and least favorite of Ash’s traveling companions in the anime?

For me, favorite is Dawn- she served as a nice peer for Ash, and I might just have a bit of nostalgia for the Sinnoh anime.

Least favorite is probably Iris- she was very condescending and basically took all the things I didn’t like about Misty and dials them up to 11.

Comments

• MajorBrendan
    MajorBrendan Member Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭✭
    100 Answers 100 Likes First Anniversary 1000 Comments

My Least Favorite traveling companion will be Misty, Goh and Chloe.

My favorite Traveling companions are Brock, May, Dawn, Serena, Iris, Cilan, Max, Clemont, Bonnie and the Alola gang.

• MajorBrendan
    MajorBrendan Member Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭✭
    100 Answers 100 Likes First Anniversary 1000 Comments

@D-ManBlue I didn't like misty not just because she's violent but I'm guessing she hasn't changed after all these years. Especially her distaste of bug pokemon.

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 50 Answers 250 Likes 100 LOLs

favorite Bonnie

Least favorite goh

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

I don't have a favourite, but my least favourite is Serena. She only exists to be Ash's 1000000th love interest. That's it. That's her entire personality, character, backstory, character development, everything. It's honestly disturbing how romance focused her story was, because her and Ash are literally TEN YEARS OLD, maybe she's eleven or twelve at most. And it's just an awful idea for making a character, because characters need an actual personality and not just romance. It's like they thought they wanted to make a love interest because they wanted XY to seem more mature, chose a character, then did nothing to actually make her good.

It's even worse because the show is supposed to be targeted at kids. If you're going to do romance in a kids' show, at least don't make it the focus, and remember to portray it realistically. As in, people have personalities and stories that don't have anything to do with their crush, even if they like them as much as Serena liked Ash. If you do it wrong you could ruin how they see love.