Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

In-game voice chat is incredibly restrictive

I actually do my best to be a positive influence on my team through voice chat, yet I've been banned today. The only time I spoke in my pre-ban match was at the end, when the notification pops up at 1 minutes telling us we're struggling (in other words, we're behind on points). I say to my team, "Hey guys, if we don't score we lose, can we try to push together to score some goals? Thanks." If someone involved in the ruling of this game tell me why this was banworthy? It seems like people report whenever they're upset, and the game has no means for filtering out these reports versus those for valid reasons, such as players who insult their teammates or use degrading language.

Comments

• NoahLaprasForum
    NoahLaprasForum Member Posts: 922 ✭✭✭
    100 Likes 100 Agrees 100 LOLs 500 Comments

this is a thing for the mods.

• NoahLaprasForum
    NoahLaprasForum Member Posts: 922 ✭✭✭
    100 Likes 100 Agrees 100 LOLs 500 Comments
  • TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

From what I hear, the game mods will uphold any ban for using in game chat. That is the accepted policy. Using the voice chat feature is a bannable offense.

Why would you even need to talk in a MOBA, after all?

• MajorBrendan
    MajorBrendan Member Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭✭
    100 Answers 100 Likes First Anniversary 1000 Comments

Most likely it's because that the policy including watching your own language with would explain why some players got booted out.

• Flametix
    Flametix Member Posts: 545 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Agrees 100 LOLs 100 Likes

straight from pokemon support, voice chat bans are entirely automatic

• Nitex1337
    Nitex1337 Member Posts: 16
    5 Agrees 10 Comments First Anniversary

The voice chat mod bots is a joke... you can literally be positive or just turn on mic and not say anything and if someone reports it's auto ban....

Makes no sense and leave people not using Voice chat... it's broken just like match making.