Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Why is Sceptile one of Ash's best Pokémon?

MrCarle
MrCarle Member Posts: 128
10 Comments Second Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Likes

Any of Ash's Sceptile's bad quality is that he should've fully evolved so very late after Ash lost to the Top 8 of the tournament of the Ever Grande Conference against Tyson, the other than a member of Team Rocket. So, why do you think that Ash's Sceptile was one of his best Pokémon that he has ever owned?

Answers

• Yodude73
    Yodude73 Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
    Name Dropper 5 Agrees 5 Likes 5 LOLs

Sceptile just has really good stats and, knowing Ash, he prob had good synergy with Ash. I haven't watched the hoenn seasons yet but I think sceptile was the best of his Pokemon

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 50 Answers 250 Likes 100 LOLs

when sceptile was a treecko ash didn't when a lot of battles though

• Yodude73
    Yodude73 Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
    Name Dropper 5 Agrees 5 Likes 5 LOLs

Because treeckos stats stink. It's best stat is speed at 70 everything else averages to about 45

• MajorBrendan
    MajorBrendan Member Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭✭
    100 Answers 100 Likes First Anniversary 1000 Comments

Because Ash's sceptile really is strong to the point where it would warrant a mega evolution.

• MrCarle
    MrCarle Member Posts: 128
    10 Comments Second Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Likes

@MajorBrendan But I thought that the writers had refused to let Ash Mega Evolve his Sceptile for the first time in favor of him activating his Greninja's Ash-Greninja Bond Phenomenon prior to releasing Greninja back into the wild. That's all.

• MajorBrendan
    MajorBrendan Member Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭✭
    100 Answers 100 Likes First Anniversary 1000 Comments

True. Once Greninja's mission is done, Best that Ash's greninja to return.

• TormentedWitch
    TormentedWitch Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

That's just how it was designed, to be an elite. Evasive with Detection and swift retaliation with Leaf Blade, picks up momentum with Quick Attack and yeah don't forget it can be catch the opponent off guard when they're caught slammed onto the floor.