Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

The Fates sets are coming out way too soon

The title says everything. I'm so sad about Paldean Fates- not because it's a bad set, but because it doesn't have nearly as many shiny 2-prizers as Hidden Fates....because HF was the second to last set in all of Sun And Moon, while Paldean Fates was the FIFTH set in S/V. Genuinely, why? Why couldn't they just wait anymore? Yeah, money. I know the shiny sets are great for money. But for reference, Paldean Fates had only TWELVE shiny ex, and an absolutely flabbergasting *one hundred nineteen* baby shinies. Do you want to hear Hidden Fates' ratio if shiny gx's to baby shinies??

37 and 45 respectively. Yeah, you guys see why I don't like Paldean Fates all that much right? They couldn't bother to wait and it made PAF worse. In fact, even without waiting as long as they did for Hidden Fates, they kinda just got lazy with the shiny ex cards in PAF. They easily could've done shiny miraidon and koraidon ex, shiny gyarados ex, shiny absol ex, shiny magnezone ex, shiny toxicroak ex, shiny dragonite ex and shiny tyranitar ex. Even without waiting, they COULD have made a better shiny set, but didn't. I'm genuinely sad.

Comments

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 50 Answers 250 Likes 100 LOLs

I see where your coming from I feel like paldean fates could have more worked on and I do prefer the other fates but of the opportunity to do so many alt art regular shinies they give us three making them have such high pull rates (pawmi palafin wugtrio)

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Comments 250 Agrees 25 Answers 100 Likes

Regarding your suggestion for shiny Koraidon and Miraidon, both are currently shiny locked in the games, there will probably be an event distribution near the end of Gen 9 like we had for Zamazenta and Zacian, then we'll have shiny Koraidon and Miraidon ex as promos within the next few months. But this is just speculation.

• Rsmithzesty
    Rsmithzesty Member Posts: 4
    First Comment Photogenic Name Dropper

Oh, no, I totally understand. It was moreso just me listing shiny exes that would've sold the set even more, even if they aren't all realistic 😅

Now that you mention it, I thought about mentioning this in the post but figured it would've made it too long, but...I wouldn't be surprised if they actually did a second Shiny set towards the very end of this era, specifically because shiny miraidon and koraidon are good enough to sell people on a set, and they're most likely going to release them as cards eventually anyhow. Although I will mention that we still don't have ANY Shiny lunala or solgaleo cards...so they've forgotten about shiny box art legendaries before very recently. I still think, despite this only being around 17-27% likely, it could be a very cool way to give us more shinies.

• NoahLaprasForum
    NoahLaprasForum Member Posts: 922 ✭✭✭
    100 Likes 100 Agrees 100 LOLs 500 Comments

it could have more to make it cooler