Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Pokemon Forums Story Chapter 6 Part 2

puplover1118
puplover1118 Member Posts: 521 ✭✭✭
500 Comments 100 Agrees First Anniversary 25 Likes

When Arlo made it to the big city, he started wandering around, looking for the Pokemon Center. The imposing buildings and constant flow of people made him awestruck. Eventually, he found the Pokemon Center, which operated on the lower floors of a skyscraper.

“Welcome to Nuevolt City’s Pokemon Center, how may we help you?” asked Nurse Joy as Arlo entered and approached the front desk.

“I'd like to heal my Pokemon,” Arlo responded.

“Then may you please hand them over for a moment?” requested Nurse Joy.

Arlo nodded his head and took five Pokeballs out of his bag and handed them over to Nurse Joy. She turned around and placed them into the machine behind her and, after a short jingle, took them out and returned them to Arlo.

“Your Pokemon are all healed up,” she shared, “We hope to see you again!”

“Thanks,” Arlo said before leaving the Pokemon Center. Now, he had to find his way to the city’s gym. He hurried around the city, squeezing past the claustrophobic amount of people commuting throughout the city, until he found it: Nuevolt City’s Pokemon Gym.

When Arlo entered the building, he found himself in a room with a grid of panels in front of him. At the back of the room was a set of steel doors that likely hid the gym leader. When he stepped on one of the panels, it lit up, along with the ones that were adjacent to it.

Arlo knew what he had to do. He stepped on the panels until all of them were lit up. When they were, the doors at the back opened, revealing a small room with a battle court and someone waiting in its center.

“Congratulations, you solved my gym puzzle,” the man announced, “Now, let me introduce myself; I’m Ferren, leader of Nuevolt City’s Gym Leader and Electric-type aficionado. Be prepared to get shocked during our battle.”

Ferren walked to one end of the court while Arlo made his way to the other. Then, they each took out a Pokeball. “Go, Servine!” Arlo yelled. The blue-green snake Pokemon appeared from the Pokeball surrounded by sparkles. 

“Come on out, Graveler!” Ferren exclaimed. From the Pokeball appeared a massive gray stone with arms, legs, and a confident face. It also had spots of orange rock and darker stones that gave the appearance of hair. “Normally, Graveler are Rock- and Ground-type,” Ferren explained, “However, Graveler from Alola, such as this one, are Rock- and Electric-type instead.”

Arlo gave a slight smirk, since now he knew that the Graveler was still weak to Servine’s Grass-type attacks.

“Now, Graveler, strike that Servine with Thunder Punch,” Ferren commanded. The Rock Pokemon lugged itself towards Arlo’s Pokemon, with one of its fists pulled back.

Arlo waited until the Graveler got close to Servine. “Now dodge, Servine,” Arlo called out, “then strangle it with Vine Whip.” Servine moved out of the way just in time, and Graveler’s fist crashed into the ground. Servine followed up by unleashing a pair of vines from its neck and grabbing the Graveler with them.

“Servine, finish it with Magical Leaf,” Arlo declared. Servine focused some of its energy and let it out as a barrage of leaves, buffeting the Graveler. Servine let go of the Graveler, which stumbled onto its side.

“Graveler, return,” Ferren exclaimed. The large Pokemon returned to its Pokeball. “That was great maneuvering, but are you ready for this?” Ferren quickly pulled out another Pokeball. “Now, Arctozolt!”

Ferren’s second Pokemon came out of its Pokeball. It was an awkward-looking Pokemon, with a small, yellow head, neck, and arms. Its body, by contrast, was bulky and blue, with a tail and legs that looked more like fins, so it probably was very slow on land. It appeared to have a cold as well, suggesting it was Ice-type.

“Be careful, Servine,” Arlo called out, “and use Vine Whip.”

Servine sent out its vines again, and lashed them towards Arctozolt.

“Arctozolt, bite down on those vines,” Ferren ordered, with the awkward-looking Pokemon managing to grab one of Servine’s vines. “Now, pull it in and use Ice Fang!” The Arctozolt whisked Servine towards its jaws, and it bit down hard with a chilling breath that Arlo was able to feel from across the room. When the Arctozolt let go, Servine fell limp onto the ground.

“Servine!” Arlo panicked. “Return!”

As Servine went back into its Pokeball, Arlo already had another pulled out. “Go, Litleo!” he announced, and the small lion Pokemon came out. 

“Now, use Ember,” Arlo ordered. Litleo hurled out a small, swift fireball. The opposing Arctozolt stumbled, trying to dodge the attack, but it landed squarely in the Pokemon’s chest, a critical hit. The Arctozolt collapsed onto the ground, fainted.

“Come back, Arctozolt,” Ferren stated. “I’m impressed,” he admitted as he switched Pokemon, “You got me down to my last Pokemon, but this isn’t over yet. Kilowattrel, it’s all up to you!”

Comments

• puplover1118

I meant Chapter 7

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 50 Answers 250 Likes 100 LOLs

it’s all good really like the story

• puplover1118

@clasingla thanks!

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

@clasingla

Should someone write a Victory Road chapter before the league? I feel like Victory Road was an important part of most of the games before SV. It would be weird without it. SV just had the league in a very short early game route you could easily reach from Mesagoza, so it didn't feel like an accomplishment to reach it. But all the previous games with leagues and Victory Roads or Victory Road-likes made it feel big and intimidating, and it felt like an accomplishment to reach the league. I think Victory Road is a necessity.

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 50 Answers 250 Likes 100 LOLs

sure but who’s going to do it?

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers