Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

How often do you nickname your Pokémon?

2»

Comments

• puplover1118
    puplover1118 Member Posts: 521 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Agrees 5 Answers 25 LOLs

@MajorBrendan I agree with the second part. It feels weird trying to nickname legendaries, other than the Cosmog line.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 1000 Comments 250 LOLs 100 Likes

I never used to bother nicknaming my Pokémon. I would quickly run out of names and couldn't be bothered.

In more recent games I decided to deliberately nickname the first member of a species I caught and deliberately use an all new Pokémon team as soon as possible (in new generations) to force myself to try them out and experience new things, rather than using the same teams in every game. At least until I finished the story.

The problem with that is that I never learn the new Pokémon's actual names, because I only see my own nicknames and I don't encounter some species enough in the wild or trainer batles to remember them.

Coupled with the fact that I haven't played a Pokémon game in English since XY, it makes it very difficult to discuss newer Pokémon in either language.

• Flametix
    Flametix Member Posts: 555 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Likes 100 LOLs 100 Agrees

i nickname everything

• Tacolaser
    Tacolaser Member Posts: 575 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Agrees 25 LOLs 25 Likes

It would change every time. For example, if I caught a Chewtle I might associate it with turtles. I would associate turtles with reptiles, then eggs, then omelets. I would keep going until I got to something crazy, like math binders.