Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What will happen with trainer kit cards?

Kapoetski3
Kapoetski3 Member Posts: 24
Name Dropper 10 Comments 5 Agrees

In PTCGO all the cards from the trainer kits are available.

Some of these cards are exclusives, or have alternate arts compared to the normal version.

An example for this is are the alolan raichu and lycanroc from the Raichu vs Lycanroc trainer kit.

I can't find the trainer kit cards in TCG live. I know these cards are not standard legal, but they are in formats like expanded.

Does anyone know if they will be added later, or if they will just leave them out and not care?

And how this will be handled with migration

Comments

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes
    edited December 2022 #2

It works the same as in PTCGO except that you also have the option to craft them. You enter the code, you get the cards. What made you think it would somehow be different?

And all of them will transfer.

EDIT: Oh, I'm wrong. Huh. I guess you need to find a code and see what happens.

• Mister-Burkes
    Mister-Burkes Member Posts: 114 ✭✭
    5 Likes Name Dropper 5 Agrees First Anniversary

Trainer Kits do not exist in TCG Live, so I assume those will be gone. Trying to redeem XY Trainer Kit codes results in 25 gold.

• Kapoetski3
    Kapoetski3 Member Posts: 24
    Name Dropper 10 Comments 5 Agrees

Thanks for the info. I really hope they will add them in the future. I find it weird they are just leaving out cards from official formats (E.g. the lycanroc). Even if they are not really played.

• ShiningLancer
    ShiningLancer Member Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
    Second Anniversary 100 Comments Combo Breaker Name Dropper

The response from support seems to indicate they have no plans to add them to the game.

Thank you for your patience while we looked into this. 

Please note that Trainer Kit exclusive cards are not eligible for migration. Players are still able to redeem the codes but will be granted coins instead of additional cards.

Thank you for playing Pokémon!