Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Has anyone gotten the TCGL First Year Collectors Bundle?

I was wondering if anyone got it and if so would you say the bundle was worth it? I was thinking of saving the 15000 credits, but for that many credits I wanted to make sure it was well worth it ya know?

Best Answer

• grriffinn
    grriffinn Member Posts: 133 ✭✭✭
    100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Answers 25 Agrees
    #2 Answer ✓

The general consensus is that it's not worth the 15k Credits, you're better off buying the cards you want through the usual means.

Answers

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments 500 Agrees 250 Likes 50 Answers

rip-off

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers 500 Comments

That "TCGL First Year Collectors Bundle" is a new synonym for "laughing stock"

• MadriButterfly
    MadriButterfly Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

Thanks guys, I appreciate everyone letting me know so I'm not losing out! I'll use my credits for some of the new Twilight masquerade stuff instead then!

• Flasterblat
    Flasterblat Member Posts: 4
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

Rip off! I'll explain why.

Normally you can buy 6 packs for 1120 crystals. That's 187 crystals per pack, which is better than individual pack price of 200 crystals. Better to buy in bulk. Normally.

The TCG Live First Year Collector's Reflection Bundle contains 5 packs. 5!!! One from each expansion. For 15,000.
    THAT'S 3000 CRYSTALS PER PACK!!!!

I thought there were 5 packs per expansion, but no! One pack per expansion. For a total of 45 cards.
    I thought maybe I made a mistake and skipped the opening animation of the packs… so I bought it again. (I'm rich).

3000 crystals per pack.

I made the mistake twice so you don't have to!

Rip off.

• Flasterblat
    Flasterblat Member Posts: 4
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

Oh,
    It's 15,000 credits. Not crystals.
    3000 credits per pack and you're getting a chance at a card, where you can get what you want with an exchange of 1250 to 2000?

Rip off.

• hylozoe
    hylozoe Member Posts: 11
    Name Dropper First Answer First Comment

Is it my imagination or did the Reflection Bundle increase from 5 to 6 booster packs a week ago, and now it's at 7 packs (PAL, OBF, MEW, PAR, PAF, TWM, TEF)?

That's not a bad ratio, I think (though not necessarily a good ratio)??? At 3000 credits for 7 packs, that's about 428 credits per pack. At the typically offered rates, it's 200 crystals per single pack ranging up to 1120 crystals for 6 packs + 350 credits (which at 428 credits per pack equates one crystal to about 2.6 credits). Can't really tell though, without other data points on exchange ratios for crystal to credit value.

Re Collector's Bundle, I guess it might be a good deal if you just want the extra pretty cards and don't care which ones they are, as five of the nine cards in one bundle (3000 credits per bundle) are of some kind of rarity (which range from 400 to 2000 credits to buy).