Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Opening packs should be exciting.

Whenever I open a pack on PTCGL, my mouse clicks behave strangely. Sometimes, a click sends the card straight to my collection box. Other times, clicking does nothing, and I have to click and drag the card down. With the new Twilight Masquerade set out, I'm excited to see the new cards, but this mouse click problem is frustrating and spoiling the experience.

I feel this should be simple to code: detect the mouse click event, animate the card moving down, show the next card if there are more in the pack, or show the next pack if there are more packs, and finally, display the summary window when all cards and packs are done.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? I know this problem isn't as immediate or crucial as fixing gameplay issues, but please let me enjoy opening my packs in peace.

Comments

• Mod_Skrilla
    Mod_Skrilla Moderator Posts: 319 mod
    100 Comments 25 LOLs Second Anniversary 25 Likes

Hello n00bl00d

I understand your frustration with the mouse click issue you are experiencing while opening packs of cards.

I recommend reporting this directly through our official channels by opening a ticket with the support team. You can do so by visiting https://support.pokemon.com/ then click the Pokémon Trading Card Game Live link. From there, click "Contact Us." 

If you have any more questions or encounter other issues, please feel free to reach out!

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Answers

Yeah, they totally ruined pack-opening in the new game. Like, for some reason the packs only have two cards? And every now and then when opening a pack from the battle pass, I cannot open it no matter how I click, so the only way to do it is to hit "collect all" and get everything at once. This has absolutely ruined the experience of opening packs for me.

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 50 Answers 250 Likes 500 Comments

Not to mention that the cards and the packs themselfs look super tiny... with a lot of empty space around the screen.

• Ampersundae
    Ampersundae Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
    25 Agrees 10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes

The whole pack opening experience sucks on a laptop. I have great vision, but I have to squint to read and enjoy my new cards (which should not be an issue). The whole screenspace is so unoptimized a new pack is just frustrating. I much preferred how it was laid out in the last version.

• emcees
    emcees Member Posts: 21
    10 Comments 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic

I think that there are other things they should do first, like maybe adding XY and BW to expanded (which they are not going to do this year) or adding tournaments etc.

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Answers

Yes, this is not a pressing issue, but one that was not well-optimized from the start.