Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Game bugging out when using radiant greninja ability or cycling road when you are decked out.

I made a deck that counts on discarding energy then using hisuian Basculegion or the new sinistcha ex, but if you use the radiant greninja ability or cycling road when you have 0 cards left in you deck you turn crashes. You then time out and its your opponents turn and then you loose due to deck out. This is important that this works because thats a possible 40 extra damage on an attack.

Comments

• uncomonfossil
    uncomonfossil Member Posts: 176 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Agrees 25 Likes

You are not supposed to be able to take an action that draws cards from deck if you do not have any cards in deck. So you should not be able to use Radiant Greninja or Cycling Road when you have no cards in deck.

The problem with Live is that it allows you to start these actions in the first place, which it should not. And of course the game should also not freeze/crash.

• superdude200
    superdude200 Member Posts: 6
    First Comment Photogenic

Is that the genuine ruling as even at our locals we are unsure.

It also doesn't say "you must" like other cards do for other effects.

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 690 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Comments 250 Agrees 25 Answers 100 Likes

I believe the rules state that you can use an action that draws cards if you have no cards in your deck.

• uncomonfossil
    uncomonfossil Member Posts: 176 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Agrees 25 Likes

This is the ruling from pokegym.net:

Q - When using Radiant Greninja's "Concealed Cards" Ability, can I discard an Energy card from my hand if there are no cards left in my deck?

A - No, discarding an Energy card is a cost (as identified by the "in order to" phrase) so you can't do it if you can't do the actual effect of the card.

Source: TPCi Rules Team (2023-05-04)