Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Can a screen protector be removed from a switch oled?

Specter478
Specter478 Member Posts: 301 ✭✭✭
25 Likes 25 Agrees 25 LOLs 5 Answers

I drop't my switch today and now the screen protector is covered in cracks, :( I'm wondering if its possible to remove it.

Best Answer

• Michael629303
    Michael629303 Member Posts: 977 ✭✭✭✭
    250 Agrees First Anniversary 25 LOLs 100 Likes
    #2 Answer ✓

If you go to a corner of the screen and get your nail, or other tool, under the protector it should start to peel off. When it does start to come off you'll want to be careful not to bend it because it will crack and brake off forcing you to have to get your nail under it again.

Forewarning, it can seem to not peel making it seem that it won't come off, but if you keep trying it should.

When putting on the new screen protector, I must suggest that you do it somewhere with less dust. I did it on my bed and dust got under the screen protector and it leaves bubbles.

Hope this helps.

Answers

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

"Drop't"? Not "dropped"?

What type of screen protector is it? Is it not a sticker?

I am afraid it might not be the protector that cracked. It might be the actual screen.

• Specter478

Ignore my spelling

• Specter478

And I put a protector on it

• Specter478

Its a glass protector

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 50 Answers 250 Likes 100 LOLs

if it’s protector you put on I think you can take it off I once dropped my switch and the left joycon broke and made it so that joycon can only be used handheld

• TheJeffers

Why are you asking us? If you put it on, can you not remove it? Did it not come with instructions?

Can you not check the manufacturer's website? Maybe they have a support page?

Try Googling it, if it hadn't destroyed its own algorithm yet. Or look on YouTube. Maybe there's a video telling you how to remove it.

• Specter478

@TheJeffers why are you asking so many questions? I simply wan't to know:/ plus google is unhelpful and I don't have the instructions with me.

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 50 Answers 250 Likes 100 LOLs

if worst come to worst and it can’t be removed you can still transfer all data to another switch by transferring accounts and if you have a micro as card put it in the other switch

• TheJeffers

@Specter478 I do not have enough information about a screen protector I have never seen before to help you. So I am asking questions that will either allow me to understand the problem and help or enable you to solve it yourself.

I still do not understand how you can attach a screen protector and not know how to remove it. Or, if it is already broken, why not break the Switch out of it?

So long as you are careful and do not damage the Switch, does it matter if an already broken protector is destroyed?

I didn't even know they sold hard screen protectors. How does it work with the touch screen?

• Specter478

How do I just close this discussion?