Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

The Worst Report System 😠

When are you fixing report system !?

Turning on your mic for teamwork you get a ban !

Nothing wrong with your name you get a ban !

C'mon its a 5v5 game, if you don't use mic how are you going to explain your plan to the team, how can you convince them to go objective together. if you are protecting kids from trashtalking just remove mic access for who are -18 !!

In unite there is no bad player there is player with different plans, and do you know what will happen if every one work for himself ? of course you know, you will lose the game, thats how many people lose.

Without forgetting getting your name changed and warned because of no sense report, give us freedom or hire who can verify reports before banning people because of their names !!!

Comments

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 1000 Comments 250 LOLs 100 Likes

I agree that MOBAs need quick communication, but I think as soon as children are involved, allowing voice communication, or even text based communication, becomes potentially very dangerous.

The vast majority of the time the worst that will happen is the kid gets a little upset or hears some bad language, but even that might be enough to upset some parents, inspire bad press and damning articles. Or worst and most terrifying of all for major corporations like Nintendo and TPC: lawsuits.

Then imagine if someone used it to physically meet a kid and cause them harm.

A lot of parents don't know or care to use parental controls. There is no guarantee a child will be using a child account. They stick their precious cherub in front of their Nintendo toy for a few hours and leave them to it. If anything goes wrong with this interaction, it's the manufacturer's fault. Call the press. Call the police. Lawsuit.

I can understand why companies like Nintendo would want to avoid this can of worms in the first place and just disable voice chat, but then why release a co-operative game on your platform and allow team matchmaking?

In unite there is no bad player there is player with different plans

As an aside, anice sentiment, but we know this isn't true. People are bad at things. Which is fine. We all have to start somewhere. But recognising where you might have room to improve is how you grow and actually become a good player.

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Answers

We need a report system for the report system lol.

• Pokemaster9293
    Pokemaster9293 Member Posts: 756 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 25 LOLs 25 Likes 25 Agrees

I think that they should make a feature that when it recognizes says any bad word said by a teammate it would automatically ban their mic. I’m not asking for al

• uniqueCHERIF
    uniqueCHERIF Member Posts: 18 ✭
    10 Comments Name Dropper

@Pokemaster9293 if someone is cursing and you don't want to hear there is mute option, tbh unite is full of cry babies.

• uniqueCHERIF
    10 Comments Name Dropper

@OlderAngel11 who will listen hahaha

• uniqueCHERIF
    10 Comments Name Dropper

@TheJeffers Sorry i disagree with you, you are talking about different cases. in every game you can use your microphone, then why nothing happened from what you said. whats the point of having mic and then you cant use it !? like i said before children in this game can't use mic its not about parental control. let me tell you when you install unite they ask for your age, if you are under 18, you won't be able to use mic or ….

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 1000 Comments 250 LOLs 100 Likes

@uniqueCHERIF I am not saying it should be this way.

I am saying why I think it might have ended up in the situation OP described.

People, especially adults, should be able to communicate with their teammates in a MOBA.

But poor management and fear of public or legal consequences can make companies act in strange, excessively draconian ways and enforce bizarre policies.

I don't actually play Unite myself. I happened to see this thread and I am purely speculating based on my own experiences with MOBAs and other online games.

• Pokemaster9293
    Pokemaster9293 Member Posts: 756 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 25 LOLs 25 Likes 25 Agrees

Now only I saw that