Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Ranked ladder

2»

Comments

• Eyemontom
    Eyemontom Member Posts: 22
    5 Agrees 10 Comments

Ranked seems kinda difficult to progress when everyones playing the same deck.. need a 70/80% win rate to be able to move up at any rate, which is kinda tricky with so many mirror matches...... who goes first wins!!. Glad casual still gets most of the rewards, at least you can play/play against more fun decks there. By the way, one handy thing is that you can go play ranked with your rogue decks when you've just ranked up without worry as you don't drop back ranks.

• lvlrAdam
    lvlrAdam Member Posts: 96 ✭✭
    5 Likes First Anniversary 25 Agrees Name Dropper

@Lambalazar I'm sure it's not outside the realm of possibilities but is it unlikely? Yes of course. But I'm just giving my experience. There is definitely something wrong with match making.

• Lambalazar
    Lambalazar Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    25 Likes 5 LOLs 10 Comments 25 Agrees

@lvlrAdam It is outside the realm of possibility. I’ve played 942 matches since Live has gone worldwide and have never seen anything other than randomly getting matched against people

I’ve also been playing the beta since the first day it came out and never saw the game “counter matching me” during the closed beta, either

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

@lvlrAdam So, you're telling me that you believe the devs are incompetent, but at the same time were able to develop advanced matchmaking AI that can determine bad matchups and pair you with them?

But if that's the case, shouldn't the other half of your matches be ones where you're favored?

• lvlrAdam
    lvlrAdam Member Posts: 96 ✭✭
    5 Likes First Anniversary 25 Agrees Name Dropper

You guys must be the life of all parties eh?