Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

RNG needs fixing

2»

Comments

• Bin_Chicken
    Bin_Chicken Member Posts: 4
    First Comment

yep i counted 14 coinflips that got heads CONSECUTIVELY.
    also dont even get me started on the card shuffling and selection RNG. i have 9 basic pokemon and out of the last 28 games i have played, i've had mulligans with every draw. 12 of those where i my draw was so bad that i gave away 2-4 mulligans.
    Im actually going start an excel spreadsheet on this and export my battle logs after every match.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 1000 Comments 250 LOLs 100 Likes

@Bin_Chicken Recording some actual data is better than just saying "I didn't get the result I wanted so RNG bad" but your sample size is too small. One person and their results isn't enough to prove something is wrong. You'd need data from a lot more people and many more instances of the randomness being tested.

Again, you could get heads every coin toss for the rest of your life and that doesn't necessarily prove that there is anything wrong with the RNG.

True randomness, and the patterns that spontaneously form as a result, do not look random to humans.

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments 500 Agrees 250 Likes 50 Answers

what if someone caught two of the exact same shiny spinda in a row that’s a 1/17,592,186,044,416^2 times (encounter rate)^2

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments 500 Agrees 250 Likes 50 Answers

with 1/4096 base shiny odds

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Answers

@clasingla It could happen.