Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

How to shuffle cards with sleeves?

I seem to have trouble trying to do a bridge type shuffle with cards in sleeves. What's the normal way these are shuffled at competition? Just an over hand shuffle? How many times to consider well mixed? I could probably watch some competition videos to see but also wanted to ask.

Answers

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

Bridge shuffle is a fantastic way to make your opponent really angry at you when you cut their deck. People spend a lot on their cards. Don't do anything that looks abusive to them in front of their owner.

Some use an overhand shuffle, but the most common one I encounter across all the games I've played is mash shuffle. Easy, causes few objections and fairly random provided you repeat it enough times. I hear 7 or more shuffles a lot as the recommendation.

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 693 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Comments 250 Agrees 25 Answers 100 Likes

I agree, mash shuffle is a great way to shuffle your deck, I find Dragon Shield to be the best sleeves to use for this, especially new ones, as they glide very easily (sometimes too easily), many pros use them too. As for other shuffles, I would ask someone who works at your local game store.