Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Most unfunny Pokémon memes/jokes?

Options

Comments

• Hey_PIKMIN
    Hey_PIKMIN Member Posts: 826 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Agrees 5 Likes First Comment
    Options

@TheJeffers Bidoof is my favourite normal type so thanks for helping my argument fellow Ganondork

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 726 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

Ganondork?

• Hey_PIKMIN
    Options

@TheJeffers You also like the Zelda series don't you? Wouldn't that make you a fellow Ganondork?

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 726 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

I have never heard anyone refer to fans of Zelda as "Ganondorks". Ganondorf is often mockingly called that himself, though.

• Hey_PIKMIN
    Options

@TheJeffers I thought of it and I think it's funny, sorry if you don't find it funny though

• ORBEETLE345
    ORBEETLE345 Member Posts: 31
    5 LOLs 5 Agrees First Comment Name Dropper
    Options

I think any meme which 'demonizes' a Pokémon feels instantly unfunny to me (For example: memes that involve Gardevoir, Vaporeon and Lopunny). The reason I don't like them is because it usually ends up making people who use that Pokémon look weird despite the fact that the person might not even know the about that Pokémon memes exist.

Memes I also find unfunny are ones that get used too much. A good example of this would be the memes spawned off of the announcement of Legends Z-A. Now, don't get me wrong, I am very excited for Legends Z-A but it feels like some of the memes about have been used so much that lost their comedic value. The main one I can think of would be memes that go along the lines of:

'Johto and Unova fans arguing about which region will get a game'

'Kalos siting in the corner'

At first those type of memes were funny but they've been used so much that they just aren't funny anymore. I know most of these complaints apply to most memes and not just just Pokémon ones but I still think that they're relevant.

• Eremas
    Eremas Member Posts: 363 ✭✭✭
    5 Likes 5 LOLs 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

any information that becomes a spoiler. Mew being under the truck and pikablu being the first ones.

• Hey_PIKMIN
    Options

@Eremas How is Mew being under the truck a spoiler? It isn't even there?

• Eremas
    Eremas Member Posts: 363 ✭✭✭
    5 Likes 5 LOLs 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

i am sure pikablu was a spoiler. But the mew being under the truck was a thing I heard of at an inopportune time. Why I don't remember, and don't remember where I was in the story or if I was done collecting all the pokemon except mew and had to restart the game, losing my save.

• CarumoTopaz
    CarumoTopaz Member Posts: 40 ✭✭
    5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper 5 Agrees
    Options

It's the goddang yandere Nemona joke oh and the "Why is the Pokémon manga so dark" memes which always feature the infamous scene where Arbok got cut in half by Charmeleon.