Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Thanks TCG Live and Silver Tempest expansion...you've ruined my all time favorite legendary Pokémon.

Lugia used to be my favorite legendary Pokémon, and I thought the Silver Tempest expansion would be really cool. However, that has not been the case, and I now dread seeing Lugia anymore because of TCG Live and the latest expansion making the meta "everyone play Lugia VStar!"

I know there's other high tier meta decks out there, but, thanks in part to TCG Live giving everyone who logs in a Lugia VStar deck for free, at least 90% of ranked matches I have played are either against that starter deck or a modified version of it. So, as you can guess, almost every ranked match in TCG Live is the same: Play Lugia, discard Archeops, play Lugia VStar, GG turn 2. Granted, it's not always like that (depends on what's drawn, turn order, etc.), but you get the idea.

Sadly, I'm also one of those players because that's basically the only starter deck you can play right now, and the grind to get better cards is taking forever... I kind of regret not playing the old Online game before with how Live has been so far, and I hope they make some changes in the future for "new" players in Live to build up their collections easier.

Comments

• Saigatsu8
    Saigatsu8 Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

Delete Archeops please.

• shinygeodude
    shinygeodude Member Posts: 18
    Name Dropper 10 Comments First Anniversary

This kind of thing happens every time a cool new deck comes out. It's not exclusive to Lugia VSTAR. It's like when Mew VMAX decks came out. As ridiculously broken as they are, people used them constantly until the next new thing came out, then it seemed like many of them moved on.