Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Mew VMax - was playing with the deck

So before people go getting upset, I had no idea what was going on in regards to this bug…. they can take the ladder points I earned and am sorry.

I came to look for the forums because I couldn’t figure out why so many people were “quitting” come to find out they weren’t… sorry to the folks affected by this.

So to be clear I played a vmax mew deck. Fusion strike it is what I played in online all the time so I didn’t think much of it. If you are familiar people would afk or leave matches all the time there so I didn’t really think much until it became pretty apparent something odd was going on when my opponent was emoting but not doing anything.

From what I can tell, if you attach a fusion strike energy card to mew and then evolve it to mew vmax that is what triggers it.

I read that both players dysnc that is not the case. I maintained my connection and just would have to wait for the turn timer. I could then either kill the only Pokémon or if they hit turn timer multiple times it would then grant me the win. It 100% allowed me to get points.

I won’t be playing the deck till fixed and again sorry for any pain I caused. Happy to have my ladder reset (not very high though only play 2-3 games a night)

Hopefully this report gives light to the situation and clears up if both parties get dsync

Comments

• squibix
    squibix Member Posts: 43
    5 Agrees First Anniversary 10 Comments

dafoxii, thanks for your clear confirmation of what's happening! I don't have access to the Mew deck, but that's just what I suspected based on the dozens of games I've lost to Mew softlocking. Just one question: does the Mew V you evolve need to be in the active, or does evolving a benched one have the same effect?

Also, shame on all the Mew players who know about this bug and didn't say anything... and also, heads up to all the posters who have been insisting for a week that both players lose in the desync state. Maybe don't try and sound so certain in future if you don't actually know for sure what's going on?

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

@squibix Some of the abusers came here to lie about the double desync thing in order to prevent the card from being banned.

• Flagrama
    Flagrama Member Posts: 143 ✭✭
    100 Comments 5 Agrees 5 Answers 5 Likes

Yeah, we were only making those claims because somebody had said they were using the Mew VMAX deck and said that both players ended up desyncing. I don't like the deck so didn't waste resources making one to find out, and nobody else came forward about the truth of it until a few days ago.

• comptaintkilla
    comptaintkilla Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

Yeah I figured this one out myself a few days ago. It pretty much soft locks the other player. As soon as you put a fusion strike energy on Mew VMAX it's game over for them. People were exploiting it big time and I ended up loosing about 200 plus points because of it. I have a good bit of cards and decks and decided to test the theory myself and it is in fact the case. I used the exploit to get all my points back that were literally robbed of me and then went to casual with my favorite deck. If they want to reset my ladder that's fine but I don't feel bad one bit about it it. I dub the deck Soft Lock Mew and it was #1 in the meta because it was a guaranteed victory by turn 2 90% of the time till they fixed it. I'm glad they finally did and not delay. Just tested it and the glitch is gone now. Now I can go back to rank and play my Palkia VSTAR deck without having to worry it.

• N4te2014
    N4te2014 Member Posts: 11
    First Comment Name Dropper

lost about 300 points playing against soft lock mew, tears of joy that they fixed it cause now i can stop immediately conceding when i see mew.

• lvlrAdam
    lvlrAdam Member Posts: 96 ✭✭
    5 Likes First Anniversary 25 Agrees Name Dropper

I played Mew Vmax during this whole mess but I generally use Dbl Turbo Energy and not fusion...I ended up losing a ton of ladder points and I certainly didn't get any free points like others.