Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

should we do a forum gym challenge thing

Options

Comments

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 702 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but who would be undertaking this challenge, exactly? Do we even have enough regulars sufficiently committed to form 8 gyms and an Elite Four plus champion, never mind challengers?

Might it not be a reasonable idea to run some kind of ranking tournament first to decide on the positions and choose the champion, rather than making it a first come, first serve thing?

Running a tournament first would also help drum up interest and participation in the concept.

If we don't have enough, we could cut down the number of gyms and E4 members.

What format are we using for these gyms? Single battle anything goes to simulate the games? VGC double battles? Smogon tiers?

How will you conduct these games? Scarlet & Violet? Showdown?

It all sounds fun and interesting, but I think the plan needs a little fleshing out to avoid it becoming a stagnant vanity project where people declare themselves the leaders of a half-complete Pokémon league LARP.

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭✭
    5 Agrees First Comment 5 Likes First Answer
    Options

so far figurative plus I couldn’t be an actual elite 4 plus parental controls and no switch online membership

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 702 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

Oh, you're not actually doing it? It's just a kind of figurative or role play thing?

• clasingla
    Options

yes plus some person could just sweep with their full team of six against gyms and elite 4s with less than 6 (the first 2 gyms have 2 Pokémon)

• Hey_PIKMIN
    Hey_PIKMIN Member Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 Likes First Comment 5 LOLs
    Options

I'll take the open slot for Elite 4, my favourite type is dark so would that work?

Also do we get to do gym challenges?

@clasingla I say we vote you! You are the main person here and making you a leader of your own area would be so cool!

• Mod_Skrilla
    Mod_Skrilla Moderator Posts: 270 mod
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer First Comment
    Options

Hello Trainers, I love to see this type of interaction. This looks like a fun idea. Thanks for being a part of our community!

• clasingla
    Options

I don’t want to be champion though @Hey_PIKMIN plus I would be the first grass type elite 4

• clasingla
    Options

@Specter478 would you be interested in joining

• Hey_PIKMIN
    Options

@clasingla Oh! That’s amazing! I had a bit of a lore idea with my character and it fits a bit better for him to be the most powerful member of the Forums Elite 4

• Hey_PIKMIN
    Options

@TheJeffers Looks like the mods have a new message, if we see it again then we’ll know the truth on this debate once and for all.