Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Remembering and talking about Pokémon Dream World

YagoFuecoco
YagoFuecoco Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
First Anniversary 5 Answers 5 LOLs 100 Comments

I've been remembering Pokémon Dream World these last few days, it gave me a very strong sense of nostalgia too, and I even thought about the possibility of the Pokémon Company returning it in some way, it was really fun to find Pokémon on the dream island, I loved it so much, I I loved going to Spooky Manor and Icy Cave too, it was a lot of fun, and it also brought back the Pokémon we caught in Pokémon Black and White, I even thought we would have a return in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet at the time of the DLC due to some theories about Terapagos is also a Pokémon that involves dreams too, I would love a return of Pokémon Dream World, and this time with new Pokémon and much more, what do you think of Pokémon Dream World?

Comments

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 50 Answers 250 Likes 100 LOLs

I’ve never personally played it but like all the spinoffs I want to try it (except if they make detective pikachu 3 the game was not that great)

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

I never got to buy it because I didn't like buying things digitally and my Nintendo account was never verified :( I wish I got to play it, I could've caught Pokémon in dream balls.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

It's a problem with any server-based service that inevitably it will be taken down and that content will be gone, but I did enjoy it while it was there.

I liked it when there was more website integration with the games and it used to track your progress to display on the site, in addition to providing more Pokémon and content. Ironically as every other gaming service has become more integrated and internet focused, Pokémon games have pulled away from that aspect.

I suppose that would take more work to implement, though, so naturally it has been removed like so many other features.

• pikayou
    pikayou Member Posts: 78 ✭✭✭
    25 Agrees First Anniversary 25 Likes 5 LOLs

The Dream World was definitely cute but making you play a silly flash game that doesn't even guarantee you get the Pokemon you want to get hidden ability Pokemon back then was super annoying. I just want my Drizzle Politoed dang it!