Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

THEY ALL SAID IT WOULD BE A UNOVA GAME! HECK YEA (POKEMON LEGENDS Z-A

Comments

• Hey_PIKMIN
    Hey_PIKMIN Member Posts: 964 ✭✭✭
    100 Likes 100 Agrees 100 LOLs 25 Answers

@Thejeffers
    I’m sick and tired of people hearing that it’s pokemon’s fault, most games nowadays are rushed especially when it’s a massive franchise if you complain so much than don’t play or buy the games, don’t even use the forums if you hate it so much it just spreads negativity. Maybe I’m being a jerk but at the end of the day whatever. I’m 13 and I’ve been playing Pokémon my whole life I enjoy it but I’m not obsessed, I can see the flaws and still enjoy it.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

@clasingla You didn't. We are just having a discussion here. Even if people disagree, it doesn't mean they hate each other. Nuance that is often lost in text-based online discussions.

I bear no ill will towards you.

• TheJeffers

@Hey_PIKMIN By all means, like what you like. Have fun. If you find the games satisfying, I am genuinely happy for you.

I do not have, nor do I want, the ability to take that away from you.

But as someone who has been with the franchise from the beginning, its flaws and decline are readily apparent to me.

I don't want it to be this way. I want the games to be the best they can be. I don't want to dread the state of each release and fret about how they will screw it up this time.

I want to be confident that Gamefreak can deliver a quality product. But they have to earn that trust. And we will not get there if no one is prepared to critique the games and we are willing to buy everything regardless of its quality.

Criticism is not hatred.

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

I personally think that the games are good- just rushed so they can make more merchandise, where they get most of their money (there is an actual Pokémon wastebasket on the official site. How). The games are only a small part of Pokémon.

Thanks to that, they rush them. They make them easier so kids like them more. The games are glitchy, but the target audience is too young to care or even notice (or at least they have been so far, but little kids now have more access to the internet so idk), they just like their starter and totally not hacked wonder surprise trade legendary one shotting everything.

So, they've been able to get away with rushed games lacking once-important features (like the Exp. Share being a key item you can turn off), and adding features that actually kinda make the game somewhat worse in some parts of it (Exp. Candies being easy to obtain in the main game instead of post game, and the levels not scaling in SV), and whatever happened with the (not real, fanmade, unofficial) DP(not Pt) remakes and their millions of glitches discovered every 5 minutes that made people complete the league in like 15 minutes after making a new save file somewhat easily.

I think they just need more time, and to give us back some things like the 3DS Exp. Share, and remove the Exp. Candies from the main story.

• Kingmudkip11
    Kingmudkip11 Member Posts: 11
    First Answer 10 Comments Photogenic

maybe we’ll finally get a Dragonite stone

• Eremas
    Eremas Member Posts: 811 ✭✭✭
    100 LOLs 100 Likes 100 Agrees 500 Comments

but will it be anything like gen one was for it's time?

• PinkYoshiFan
    PinkYoshiFan Member Posts: 59 ✭✭
    First Answer Photogenic 5 Likes 5 Agrees

I'm wondering if we'll get Mega Charizard/Mewtwo Z

• TheJeffers

@PinkYoshiFan If mega-evolutions return it is almost certain that Kantobait like Charizard and Mewtwo will be front of the line, as always.

I guess it technically counts as Kalosbait too now, because XY was heavily laden with Kantobait. But hey, Nintendo had to sell the flagging 3DS to millennials somehow.

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

@PinkYoshiFan

I'd be surprised if there was no Charizard Z or Mewtwo Z. This time Kalos probably won't be an apology to the genwunners who disliked BW/2, but maybe (and hopefully) an apology to people who think that Pokémon rushing their games is bad, so maybe they won't give us another ten Charizard forms.

They probably will give Charizard a Z mega though, as it's too popular to not get one if they make new megas. It's even gotten spotlight in SV, a more recent game, as the first ever 7 star raid, and in Horizons, the newest Pokémon anime, as one of Friede's strongest Pokémon. They haven't stopped and there's no way they will stop giving it more attention than Venusaur and Blastoise. Not sure about Mewtwo though.

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 50 Answers 250 Likes 100 LOLs

@TheJeffers and @UnovanZorua I don’t think they will give charizard or any of the other kanto starters another mega evolution I just think that they would be obtainable in game