Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

I just realized something about Pokemon Legends Z-A

Tacolaser
Tacolaser Member Posts: 536 ✭✭✭
500 Comments 5 Answers 25 Agrees 25 Likes

In generation six Pokemon Omega Ruby and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire were released. Omega is the last letter of the Greek alphabet and Alpha is the first. In Pokemon Legends Z-A, Z is the last letter of the English alphabet and A is the first letter of the English alphabet. Do you think there will be a connection between the two games or is this just a coincidence?

Answers

• Hey_PIKMIN
    Hey_PIKMIN Member Posts: 968 ✭✭✭
    100 Likes 100 Agrees 100 LOLs 25 Answers

They were both in the same Gen so at some level will be important

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

It's hard to make Kalos without Hoenn references unless it's in the past, and even if it was, these regions have important bits of the other, at least in the Mega timeline (in ORAS for example, there's a flower the same as Eternal Floette's in Sootopolis that's implied to have been planted by AZ, and new Megas were introduced).

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

It is possible, but we have very little information about the game at this point that would allow us to judge that.

To me and others, I thinking Z is an allusion to the implied but never actually released third version for XY. And obviously Zygarde.

Z-A, if we read it as "Z to A", implies starting at the end (point Z) and returning to the beginning (point A). Point Z would the current limit of the Pokémon franchise, which would be this game. Point A would be the beginning of XY, and the modern city where we first saw it.

So we start at the end point, set in the past, and build back up to the beginning. Z-A.

If Zygarde was involved in Kalos' history, which I would be inclined to believe it was, possibly even in the city's founding, then that being point Z makes even more sense.

I am sure the developers will explain the title in interviews as we approach the release next year.

• MajorBrendan
    MajorBrendan Member Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭✭
    100 Answers 100 Likes First Anniversary 1000 Comments

I'm sure further development will be announced once they get closer to locking in the release date for the game. Plus there's also the matter of a Nintendo switch 2 releasing next year.

• Kingmudkip11
    Kingmudkip11 Member Posts: 11
    First Answer 10 Comments Photogenic

the mega of the hoenn starters might have something to do with it

• Josiah2580
    Josiah2580 Member Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
    25 Likes 25 Agrees 5 LOLs 100 Comments

cool