Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What Was Your First Pokémon Game You Ever Played?

123457»

Comments

• RusselX
    RusselX Member Posts: 35
    5 Likes 5 Agrees 5 LOLs 10 Comments

Pokémon Galar is what I call Sword / Shield but I picked up Shield for my first pokemon game. The games are beautiful! and the starters are perhaps the best theyve ever looked in a pokemon game

• Pok3m0nMaSt0r29
    Pok3m0nMaSt0r29 Member Posts: 42
    Name Dropper 5 Likes 10 Comments Photogenic

Pokemon Blue on my dad's GameBoy Color

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

@Michael629303 @FishDeluxe

Also I forgot to mention this but they often had hacked Trainer Icons in Gen 6, like missing only their faces or heads but still having everything else for some reason. I also remember that on the PSS some people had hacked icons, like Pokémon Centers icon but I don't remember if they were on the GTS too.

I didn't use the GTS much in Gen 7 though so I don't remember if the passport photos there were hacked (probably not).

• Fiddler-Phoenix
    Fiddler-Phoenix Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

My brother had gifted me Pokemon Yellow. I think he had completed the game and gave me the handheld console and I evolved the Pikachu and he was upset, hehe. I was really young which is why my memory is a bit fuzzy here. My brothers and I had a great time growing up with the Pokemon games. It is a part of us and we will never forget the times we would play the handheld Game-Boys and Nintendo 64 and then the newer consoles as time went by. Truly Nostalgic

• Eeveegirl23343
    Eeveegirl23343 Member Posts: 12
    Name Dropper 10 Comments Photogenic First Answer

My first pokemon game i got was in 2016 and it was pokemon yellow for Nintendo 2ds

• CherryFizz507
    CherryFizz507 Member Posts: 194 ✭✭
    5 Answers 100 Comments Name Dropper 5 Agrees

These are some really good games!

• SplitShifterPro
    SplitShifterPro Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Mine was Red in 1999. I had the hardest time figuring that game out, but when I did it was the most. rewarding feeling. I feel like today’s games hold your hands too much. They don’t give the same sense of exploration as before. Today’s games just feel too restrictive and bland.

• Omqga
    Omqga Member Posts: 13
    10 Comments Photogenic

Well I guess it was GO on release but I was a huge fan of the anime for years before that. I got sword a few days after it came out and since have played a lot of the main series and some spinoff games.

• yagami806
    yagami806 Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment

Pokemon Platinum on the old DS. But the one that really left an impact on me was PMD: Explorers of Sky.