Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Redeemed Cards

Hello! I'm new to playing the online version of the card game. I had redeemed about ~100 booster packs. However, it seems that not all of the cards/Pokémon that I received is addable to any of my decks. Is this due to the cards simply being outdated and no longer legal to use, or am I simply missing something that will allow me to add those redeemed cards to my deck?

Answers

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments 500 Agrees 250 Likes 50 Answers

there are two different formats standard and expanded standard only lets you use cards that are in the current regulation rules which if i am correct would be the regulation of brillaint stars and later releases in the expanded you can use cards as old as sun and moon expansion so if your cards are from xy evolutions and earlier are not being able to be played but the expanded form is still in beta so they could realese the earlier generation of cards (one at a time or they can realese them all at once taking expanded out of beta.

• Sandspider89
    Sandspider89 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

Are you talking about actual physical cards you have gotten from boosters? If you are then its somewhat random as to what cards you get from the booster packs digitally from scanning codes. However the more you play tcg the more you get in game tolkens to purchase online cards in game. Also if you get certain qr code cards for specific pokemon it will give you those specific cards. It also depends what version you are on expanded tab allows you to use pretty much all cards when forming a deck standard only gives you cards that are not banned from ranked and standard game play. Hope this explanation helps you. If not feel free to message me back with any questions and i can help further.

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments 500 Agrees 250 Likes 50 Answers

there are two different formats standard and expanded standard only lets you use cards that are in the current regulation rules which if i am correct would be regulation f g and h which is brillaint stars and later releases in the expanded you can use cards as old as sun and moon expansion so if your cards are from xy evolutions and earlier are not being able to be played but the expanded form is still in beta so they could realese the earlier generation of cards (xy,bw,hgss,platinum,dp,ex) one at a time or they can realese them all at once taking expanded out of beta.

• Expëctätïønz
    Expëctätïønz Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment

@Sandspider89 and @clasingla

To answer you question, Sandspider89, yes, I am talking about the physical cards from physical booster packs.

To clasingla, that's sad :(. Do you know if I'll ever get a chance to use them again? I know you said that it's still in beta, but have they given a date as to when they may allow me to use my older cards?

Thank you both!