Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What Was Your First Pokémon Game You Ever Played?

Comments

• FishDeluxe
    FishDeluxe Member Posts: 22
    10 Comments Photogenic 5 Agrees Name Dropper

@Michael629303, thx! What was your favourite thing about them?

• Michael629303
    Michael629303 Member Posts: 977 ✭✭✭✭
    250 Agrees First Anniversary 25 LOLs 100 Likes

@FishDeluxe multiple things. They had great cloths, great storyline, a new spin on gym fights, they added a lot of cool new pokemon like the ultra beasts, legendaries, starters, and magearna, the ultra wormhole, fun minigames like mantine surfing, z-crystals, Poké Pelago, more interactive care features for your pokemon, and they still had the GTS.

• FishDeluxe

@Michael629303 Yeah, I loved a LOT of those things, especially mantine surf and dyeable clothes. Also, what is GTS? I've heard that term be used but don't actually know what it is.

• Kination34
    Kination34 Member Posts: 19
    First Comment Name Dropper
  • Michael629303

@FishDeluxe The GTS stands for the Global Trading System. When pokemon games still had them you could select one of your pokemon and ask for a pokemon in return and it would sit there while you played the game. after some time you would log back in and, in most cases, someone would have seen the request and sent there pokemon to you. It allowed you to choose pokemon that you wanted unlike Wonder/Mystery Trades but you don't need a friend or some other person like in link trades. It was the best for those who knew no one to do link trade. I fall into that category.

• FishDeluxe

@Michael629303 dang, I wish we had that in S/V, most of my friends got scarlet.

• Michael629303

@FishDeluxe RIGHT!!! It's my one of the things I wish they would bring back in the next game.

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

@Michael629303 @FishDeluxe

Also it was very glitchy and had many hacked mons. If you saw a trade in gen 7 offering a usually shiny Pokémon (often a Legendary or Mythical if it can legally be obtained shiny though the Pokémon is obviously hacked) asking for a Caterpie or Snivy or Diglett or the like, or maybe it has "back" or a button available on the GTS section as the level/other requirements the trainer wants in return (since you could specify what level or gender you want there, though you couldn't specify forms or origin language), your game will crash and the 3DS will ask you to press the power off button and you hold it for a bit.

Also sometimes in gen 6 where iirc you could enter any message you want below your trade (meaning on the bottom screen) instead of picking between options, some people hacked the game to remove the filter and say not 7+ stuff (including slurs), or in other cases they put a discord or snapchat or something similar link that DEFINITELY won't download a virus or leak your info, I'm completely 100% totally sure (this is sarcasm, don't type any links you see hackers mention, it's dangerous).

On the bright side sometimes you could trade a Pokémon and get a (probably hacked) shiny in return, I got a shiny Mew and Fennekin this way.

Also your Trainer Icon or Passport photo (depending on the gen) is displayed below the traded Pokémon, on the bottom screen, along with the message you wrote or chose (which also depends on the gen).

• Michael629303

@UnovanZorua what you just said explains sooooooooo much. I was always getting shinies for common pokemon that were lv. 100 and had rare items on them. It was weird but I just assumed some people were really nice (it actually became annoying because I was try to get the national pokedex and was not that interested in shiny pokemon filling there pages). I even got a shiny Arceus and Giratina in wonder trades(I relies there most likely fake). As for the shutting down of the system it happened ever time I tried to look for pokemon. I just thought there was a system or card glitch.

I still would like the GTS to have a return but for the problems to be fixed.

• FishDeluxe

@UnovanZorua, sheesh, that thing with the messaging is crazy. It's also hilarious as well, picturing a little Timmy typing in a link for free pokemon on his mums computer