Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

RNG needs fixing

Options

I want to like this game, I really do, but the RNG of it so bad

Just had a game with someone using a Kangaskhan EX vs my Tinkaton EX

my tinkaton has big hammer and i had 13 cards in my hand....big hammer increases damage by 30 for every card in your hand so i was swinging for over 500 damage...able to knock out any of his pokemon

Kangaskhan has incessant punching...flip a coin 4 times....deals 100 damage for every heads

miraculously all 4 flips were heads

not a single coin flip was tails....kos my tinkaton for the win....just what the actual heck? Try that in real life and it's no where near as rewarding...it's the only thing that keeps me from really enjoying this game

Comments

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

Need a hug?

• FireKnight890
    FireKnight890 Member Posts: 13
    First Answer First Comment Name Dropper
    Options

100% agree. Same goes for flipping 4 tails. There is some funny factors that go into how coin flips work in the game and they are nothing like real life.

Compare Kangaskhan EX to Radiant Jirachi, you will get 4 heads on Kanga more than you will get 2 for Jirachi. Just saying... 😐️

• kot123456
    kot123456 Member Posts: 108 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Comment 5 Likes First Anniversary
    Options

I had a Blissey player flip 17 consecutive heads for a Sweet Honey, only to heal 30 damage from their Blissey

• eJinsu
    eJinsu Member Posts: 5
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

.5^17 = 1⁄131072 for anyone who doesn't understand how absolutely absurd 17 consecutive heads is. Realistically you should never experience that, or rather once per 131072 times. As in, if you were to flip a coin 131072 times, you should see that happen only once. It doesn't mean 1 out if 131072 games. I seriously doubt anyone ever has done any number of coin flips near that number at all.

Please fix your RNG Pokémon... I'm sick of receiving my 1/60 cards almost every single time in my starting hand while not receiving any other card that I need.

I just played a game where 1 single supporter card by the time I drew 35 cards. I have around ten supporters. And I had TM devolution in my starting hand three or four times in a row, along with ultra ball and nest ball, and yet I can't even draw a single supporter card. I also used plenty of draw tactics with shuffle effects and yet I couldn't get a supporter.

It's absolutely absurd to receive the same hand multiple times in a row. That should just not happen. It's coming to the point where I can sometimes guess the next hand based on what's been happening. This tells me that the randomization seeds aren't properly randomized and are being reused and inadvertently creating the same situations over and over again. I can't really see any other option as the likelihood of receiving the same 1/60 card over and over again is just extremely low.

Random RNG should feel random. Real life feels random. I've never felt bad about my hands in real life. I've also NEVER received similar results to when I play on the app. I've NEVER drawn 6+ energies in a row in a deck with around 8 or 9 energies, yet this has happened multiple times on the app. This alone should let you know that selection bias isn't necessarily the case.

• CozyCornerTCG
    CozyCornerTCG Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

These are stats from three games in a row:

Game 1: Drew in total 29 cards. Drew 1 out 11 basic Pokémon. 4 Buddy Buddy Poffins, 3 Ultra Balls, 2 Arven. All cards tat could have generated a basic Pokémon. None

Game 2: Drew 0 out 9 energies out of 30 cards.

Game 3: Added 2 more energies do my deck. Drew 1 out of 30 cards.

Then, when I finally get a card I need it's too late. I'm too far behind.

Can anyone relate? I feel like this happen way too often with an aray of different decks.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 726 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

Apparent patterns will form in true randomness.

I am not saying that there isn't potentially something wrong with the randomiser in the game.

But in a truly random system, it is entirely possible to toss a 1000 coins and get heads 1000 time.

The human brain is a pattern recognition machine. It will see patterns in places where it doesn't exist.

Just some food for thought.

• JT_7000
    JT_7000 Member Posts: 8
    5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

bro rng is on my side thank our lord and savior jesus christ cuz MY GOD

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 726 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

@JT_7000 I believe he goes by "RNG-sus".

• Perfect_Jab
    Perfect_Jab Member Posts: 13
    First Comment 5 Agrees Name Dropper
    Options

Game has the worst rng. 3 hands in a row getting all 4 of a card in my deck. Like come on! 3 different matches with absolute terrible rng. So ridiculous the cards i kept getting. Almost forces me to change the deck im using because of the pattern that happens when i use the same one.