Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Is my deck any good?

13»

Answers

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

If you try to make a deck that does everything, you end up with a deck that accomplishes nothing.

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 690 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Comments 250 Agrees 25 Answers 100 Likes

The first thing I notice about this deck is the Lightning types. I suggest you convert the list to a Miraidon ex deck. Azul Garcia Griego made a YouTube video on a rotation-proof version on his channel AzulGG.

• Shuffler2957284
    Shuffler2957284 Member Posts: 12
    10 Comments

Okay, I'll think about that!

• Silentsiren0
    Silentsiren0 Member Posts: 8
    First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Agrees

@pikayou professor's research is definitely not one of the best drawing cards, its only good if you want resources in discard for cards like solrock (pokemon GO set), otherwise your wasting resources for no apparent reason.

That said its by no means bad, I'm just not a fan of discarding mass amounts of cards.

• pikayou
    pikayou Member Posts: 78 ✭✭✭
    25 Agrees First Anniversary 25 Likes 5 LOLs

I see this take a lot, but it's not true and you shouldn't be afraid of discarding. You aren't discarding your hand for no apparent reason, you're discarding it for 7 new cards which no other supporter can consistently provide. If you play your hand properly and have a well built deck you'll almost never lose cards you desperately need to win, and like I said every deck runs Super Rod so the only cards you're going to permanently lose are items anyway.

I'll admit that recently a few decks have popped up that prefer other draw supporters, but if you look at a majority of winning decklists they'll have a high count of Prof (and even decks like Zard will still generally run one or two, because the draw is just that good). The only decks that don't run it are the sort that need a big hand like Gholdengo ex or something like Lost Box where the benefit of Colress outweighs Prof's better draw. The Professor cards have been the most consistent draw card since, like, Base Set lol

• nobody126734
    nobody126734 Member Posts: 6
    First Comment

im going to try this in TCG live

• Shuffler2957284
    Shuffler2957284 Member Posts: 12
    10 Comments

Why? I've changed deck lists now, and I can tell you that list is NOT very good. You can do whatever, just good luck