Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Backup for Detective Pikachu sequel options

MajorBrendan
MajorBrendan Member Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭✭
100 Answers 100 Likes First Anniversary 1000 Comments

Next month is the detective pikachu returns game coming up along with the much rumored sequel to the detective pikachu film. Much anticipation for both of them.

Just in case neither of the sequels would make the cut. Once I work for the pokemon company and delivered my elevator pitch. I would propose the pokemon anime sequel series to the detective pikachu film just in case of such a situation were to arise.

Comments

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

The game already has an exact release date, so it's probably already finished, and they might just be fixing bugs and minor mistakes right now.

If there's going to be a new movie/series, I think it should be live action since the first one was too. Part of its success and unique-ness was being a live action Pokémon movie, and it would be a bit weird if it became an anime.

• MajorBrendan

You'd be surprised on how quick people change their minds once they see the final product.

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

@MajorBrendan Live action was a big part of what made Detective Pikachu so unique. It also fits the vibe pretty well. Just a question, but if you made an anime, what would the art style be? It's a bit hard to find a more suitable art style for Detective Pikachu than live action.

And I don't think they're not releasing the game when it has an exact release date.

(Also, did you really flag my comment? I was just pointing out that it's weird to change the art style for a sequel when live action is the thing it's known for.)

• MajorBrendan

I find a combination of OLM and Wit Studio with Polygon Studios for the CGI to present something that's really going to bring about this version of Pokemon Detective Pikachu, especially with the transition from live action film to anime tv series. Also I find the ending the Detective Pikachu returns disappointing.