Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Child Account + Redeem Code

Hi,

I made a child account, as my kids are only 5 and 6 years old and I need to learn the game too :P

Now I insert some codes (example: V-Battle TCG decks).

They are inside the account now, but I can't see or use them.

Is there any reason this is not allowed? Should I buy 3 Victini V-Battle decks, one for me and 2 for my kids, so that I can see the decks also online? I hope this is not what you want.

I think that a redeem code should work for the kid and for the parent, when played online...

I am new and I have still much to learn, but that ask to buy 3-4 times the same deck for each family is just too much. Or is there a way to see the deck also on the parent profile?

Thanks!

Adriano

Answers

• Sarutaru
    Sarutaru Member Posts: 27
    10 Comments 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Answer

There's a really convoluted way to redeem codes on a child's account: you have to go to Pokemon's website, log in with your child's account, and enter the code manually. It's pretty obnoxious.

The sign in page can be found here: https://access.pokemon.com/login?login_challenge=797ead23d92a4268bec1e03c8a41a187

• Sarutaru
    Sarutaru Member Posts: 27
    10 Comments 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Answer

I think this is a fair question now that trading has been removed. In TGC online it made sense not to allow anything like this because it would allow players to create multiple accounts to access and trade multiple copies of cards. In Live, however, it would just allow multiple household accounts to have access to the same pool of redeemed cards, which wouldn't help or hurt anyone looking to duplicate since each account would have no access to each other.

Admittedly, I'd like to not have to choose whether or not my 8-year-old gets the Mew V deck to use online or me. But now that you mention it I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to share redemption codes through family groups aside from the Pokemon company trying to sell more cards.