Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

When will Porygon2 and Porygon-Z make proper animation debuts, if at all?

FallenFurfrou
FallenFurfrou Member Posts: 152 ✭✭✭
First Anniversary 25 Likes 5 LOLs 100 Comments

I heard about the situation with Kadabra and how Uri Geller's frivolous suit got it banned from the anime (until it was lifted 20 years later). Porygon also fell victim to an anime ban after an infamous epilepsy attack caused by Pikachu. Unfortunately, the ban extended to Porygon's evolutions (even though they had nothing to do with the seizure) and has yet to be lifted at all.

Which is why I ask of you: when will Porygon2 and Porygon-Z debut in a non-cameo animated appearance, and what will it take for The Pokemon Company to lift their Porygon ban?

Comments

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

No one has a 100% real answer, but maybe it'll appear in Horizons since it's a different series than the first twenty-something seasons.

...Probably not, but we can hope that Porygon stops getting blamed by the Pokémon Company for what Pikachu did.

• pokemonfan15783
    pokemonfan15783 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

I mean the pokemon company's twitter manager made a joke poking fun at the episode so hopefully.

• MajorBrendan
    MajorBrendan Member Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭✭
    100 Answers 100 Likes First Anniversary 1000 Comments

Once I work for the pokemon company, I believe I have a better replacement for porygon. Something to improve upon for a much better virtual pokemon to properly debut in the anime.