Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Bring back trade feature

I hope the trade feature returns to PTCG Live. Because for me the trade feature in PTCG is very iconic and irreplaceable

Comments

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

Well, it has been replaced. You get new cards with credits now.

• irham144
    irham144 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

Yea i know, But isn't the trade between players much more iconic than other TCG games?

• lillie_trash
    lillie_trash Member Posts: 28
    First Answer 5 LOLs 5 Agrees 10 Comments

it is a TRADING card game after all

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

No other major TCG app has trading, and on top of that it's only called that because it was the more popular term in the late 90s in English. In most other languages it's a CCG or even just CG.

• LeaderTaurus
    LeaderTaurus Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

atleast less us sell our non format cards for points .. because now i got alot ! of old cards just getting virtual dust

• Mod_Champion
    Mod_Champion Moderator Posts: 143 ✭✭
    25 LOLs Second Anniversary 100 Comments First Answer

Hello, Trainer,

Thank you for your feedback! Please let us know if you have any other suggestions.

• Baulder
    Baulder Member Posts: 32
    5 Agrees 10 Comments Photogenic Name Dropper

I thought they plan to unlock every card for expanded some time later.

It does not include HearGold & SoulSilver which was playable in PTCGO expanded format, but what would be the point of having all the cards data in game if they wouldn't ever be playable.

Also, while I agree that card trading was iconic part of PTCG, I wonder if players still trade their cards at various events or they just buy/sell specific cards online.

I think that it's much easier to craft the card you need rather than searching for someone who own the card and is willing to trade, even though the virtual card trade is significantly easier than finding someone who would trade the physical card.

What I would also like to know is the ratio of the conversion for duplicates as I haven't seen many duplicates from boosters that exceeded 4/4 limit.

All I found about this is that the amount of credits is based on card rarity, but I couldn't find whether players get same amount of credits as the crafting price of the card that exceeded the 4/4 limit, or you need to convert multiple cards of the same rarity as the one you want to craft in order to get enough credits for crafting?