Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Is This a Good Charizard Deck?

Natalie862
Natalie862 Member Posts: 8
First Comment Photogenic Name Dropper

I'm just getting back into the TCG and have been playing casually with my nephew. I've built a few decks so far, with my most recent being a Charizard deck that I recently got finalized, and I want to look around for local tournaments. As such, I thought I would get a second opinion on this deck and possibly others.

Note: I am new to the TCG as far as actually playing it, despite knowing about it since the beginning. I am trying to see what works.

Now currently, a set up that I am comfortable with is 30 Pokémon, 24 Energy, and 6 Trainer Cards. It's a system that has been working alright with me thus far in a more casual front. especially since one or two of the decks I have focus on V Pokémon, one of which is meant to possibly set up two VMAX Pokémon.

As for my Charizard deck, specifically, it is as follows:

1. 3 Charmander
  2. 3 Charmeleon
  3. 1 Fire Charizard (Vivid Voltage with the attack boost ability for each Leon in the discard pile)
  4. 2 EX Charizard (Dark) from Obsidian Flame.
  5. 1 Charizard V (Lost Origin)
  6. 2 Scorbunny
  7. 2 Raboot
  8. 2 Scorbunny
  9. 3 Larvesta
  10. 3 Volcarona
  11. 1 Vulpix
  12. 1 Ninetales
  13. 3 Salandit
  14. 3 Salazzle
  15. 24 Basic Fire Energy
  16. Klara
  17. Leon (to go with the Vivid Voltage Charizard)
  18. Sonia
  19. 3 Other Support cards that slipped my mind at the moment.

One thing I am considering is possibly getting another Leon or two for the Vivid Voltage Charizard and maybe a Rare Candy since I have several three stage lines in the deck. Other than that though, how does this deck look as of right now?

Answers

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 1000 Comments 250 Agrees

The deck looks good, but I would definitely add some Rare candy. Another thing to keep in mind is that this deck is not legal in the standard format, because some of your cards are rotated. (Charizard from Vivid Voltage, Leon, Sonia, etc.) You can check if cards are legal from the box in the bottom left hand corner that will have a letter on it. Currently E, F, and G cards are legal. A bunch of the cards on this list are D. It's not a problem if you're just playing casually with some friends, but most tournaments these days will not allow expanded cards. Just something to keep in the back of your mind, if you should ever go to a tournament someday.

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 1000 Comments 250 Agrees

The deck looks good, but I would definitely add some Rare candy. Another thing to keep in mind is that this deck is not legal in the standard format, because some of your cards are rotated. (Charizard from Vivid Voltage, Leon, Sonia, etc.) You can check if cards are legal from the box in the bottom left hand corner that will have a letter on it. Currently E, F, and G cards are legal. A bunch of the cards on this list are D. It's not a problem if you're just playing casually with some friends, but most tournaments these days will not allow expanded cards. Just something to keep in the back of your mind, if you should ever go to a tournament someday.